Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2023 6:51:26 AM EDT
Looking for a shop to spray an AR upper receiver with the Norrells resin coating. Preferably in the western end of the state but not a necessity. Yes I know I can buy a toaster oven and an airbrush kit but no desire to do so. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#1]
Tagging for responses. I had some stuff done by Norrell's shop a few years ago when they used to apply it themselves. This place in Kentucky will do receivers for a pretty reasonable price ($50 for a receiver or frame), but I'd rather not ship if I can avoid it.

https://meridianordnance.com/gunsmithing/

(updated link)

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If no responses for a NC dealer I'll contact these guys. Thanks for the reference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Well dropped off my upper at a shop in Asheville for Cerakote where it stayed for three weeks with no contact.  I show up the that third week to pick it up and had not been touched. Was told I should have received a call (cell #) which I didn't. Going to contact Meridian today if they are open and see if I can get it shipped out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Weapon Works in Burlington is an OEM Cerakote for many manufacturers.

Double H Gunsmithing in Yanceyville is fantastic also (They have done 2 of my barrels)
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I called and spoke to Mike and shipped my upper out on the 27th. He said they usually do them in batches and that they are doing retro colors pretty frequently. After speaking to them I have a lot more confidence in them than the LGS I tried to use here. Will post up pics when I get it back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That looks great. What lower are you pairing it with?

I didn't even know about 605s pre ARFCOM and I still kick myself for not getting an upper when they were available from Nodak.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
H&R partial fence lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top