Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2023 1:03:33 PM EDT
There are many articles out there and we've all seen them.  The one today has a family moving out of state every 6 min or so.

Clearly moving vans and trailers are the problem.  They have to go...  (sarcasm off!  LOL)
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are they mostly moving from? Chicago area?

I'm in central IL and it sure doesn't seem like the population is dropping around here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The largest decline in numeric terms came from the state’s most populous counties. Cook County lost 68,314, DuPage County lost 5,547, Lake County lost 3,010, St. Clair County lost 2,351 and Kane County lost 2,001. The decline in Cook County was the second-most in the nation, behind only Los Angeles County.
View Quote

Illinois Counties Lose Population

It's seems to be pretty much equally distributed - the Counties with the most population are losing the most residents.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spurg] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

Illinois Counties Lose Population
VooDoo
View Quote

Wow, just 5 counties account for 80% of the exodus. That explains why I don't notice it here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
At the risk of sounding racist, but there is a lot of white flight from DuPage, lake and kane counties. The white population left chicago in the 50s-70s to the burbs. Those former white neighborhoods became black.

Now the black population is getting pushed out by the Hispanic population. Blacks are pushing out into the burbs. Whites are leaving DuPage, kane, and lake. They are ether moving out of state or moving to the outlining counties where the taxes are lower and there is no music shaking your windows at 3am.

I grew up in the fox valley area. Everytime I go back for a visit it seems less America.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By murderface01:
At the risk of sounding racist, but there is a lot of white flight from DuPage, lake and kane counties. The white population left chicago in the 50s-70s to the burbs. Those former white neighborhoods became black.

Now the black population is getting pushed out by the Hispanic population. Blacks are pushing out into the burbs. Whites are leaving DuPage, kane, and lake. They are ether moving out of state or moving to the outlining counties where the taxes are lower and there is no music shaking your windows at 3am.

I grew up in the fox valley area. Everytime I go back for a visit it seems less America.
View Quote

Sounds super racist to me. Less America or less white? Blacks didn't come here by choice and neither did native Americans. Everyone else is a result of cheap labor needs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 5:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murderface01] [#6]
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

Sounds super racist to me. Less America or less white? Blacks didn't come here by choice and neither did native Americans. Everyone else is a result of cheap labor needs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:
Originally Posted By murderface01:

Less America. I meant what I typed.
Lots of Hispanic areas in Aurora.

Native Americans did, their ancestors crossed the land - ice bridge from Asia. Not all black are descendants of slaves. Google white flight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top