User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/2/2024 7:39:10 PM EDT
How will you vote?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me as a no.  It's just one more step toward societal destruction.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
View Quote

Too many dope fiends already.  In the states that have legal dope like CO and AK, there's an even bigger drug problem than before.  Plus none of the "tax it and spend it on our crumbling schools!!!" hype ever pans out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be voting no, just like I do with all these ballot referendums.

We shouldn't be amending the state Constitution every few years by popular vote.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

Too many dope fiends already.  In the states that have legal dope like CO and AK, there's an even bigger drug problem than before.  Plus none of the "tax it and spend it on our crumbling schools!!!" hype ever pans out.
View Quote

A good friend of mine is a certified Drug Recognition Expert.  When he got certified a few years ago, big cities in Colorado were screaming for DREs just to work in the jail to process all the drug DUIs since those numbers had skyrocketed.  Some places were paying around $75,000 for DREs to work in the jail doing evals and testifying in court with no additional LE responsibilities.

It's anecdotal, but I smell marijuana in traffic every single day, especially when I'm on my bike.  That isn't a new phenomenon, but it's gotten WAY worse since medical marijuana became a thing and many agencies just stopped enforcing marijuana laws.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
100% this walking from the car to publix and smelling pot.   its everywhere unfortunately
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Yep.  I was a don't GAS until i visited the Pacific Northwest and Colorado last summer.  The only good thing was not having to ask, "Are you F**king high?". Because you knew the answer was YES.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
No.  Already way to may users with and without medical cards.  Can barely keep staffing levels at the job now with that pesky drug test.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be voting "Yes". It's a Freedom issue. One more thing that the government can't tell you what you have to do (all be it only at the State level).
How many of you that are voting "No", would vote "Yes" to reinstate Alcohol Prohibition into law because of Alcohol's bad effects on society?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST:
I will be voting "Yes". It's a Freedom issue. One more thing that the government can't tell you what you have to do (all be it only at the State level).
How many of you that are voting "No", would vote "Yes" to reinstate Alcohol Prohibition into law because of Alcohol's bad effects on society?
View Quote

The number of "I dont like it, thus it should remain illegal", from supposedly pro freedom conservatives is kind of alarming. How many of those have a negative response to "I'm pro gun but.."

You are either pro freedom, or you arent. You dont get to pick everyone elses freedoms because your nose is offended. Its skunk weed. Is everyone that hates that smell, stopping every activity to go find the skunk to kill it? I cant stand the smell of diesel exhaust. It makes me seriously nauseated. Getting stuck in traffic behind a bro dozer with its emissions deleted, a school bus, or a heavily loaded diesel truck at 6am is utterly repulsive to me. No flipping way id vote to outlaw that stuff.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bettst:
No.  Already way to may users with and without medical cards.  Can barely keep staffing levels at the job now with that pesky drug test.
View Quote

Is your company paying for the employees time 24/7/365? (doubt) What business is it to that company what an employee does on their day off? If they puff occasionally in a social setting. They will pop positive because the tests are for cannabinoids post metabolism for up to 30 days. Not the physical presence of TCH in its psychoactive presence at that current moment. This is literally like firing an employee because they got an alcohol buzz 2 weeks ago but now pop positive because its "in their system". You complain about some "pesky test" while complaining about not being able to find quality employees. Maybe quality employees dont wanna work for your BS company who tells them how to live there life/time that you arent paying for? How many good employees have you booted, rejected, or scared off because of said "pesky test"? How many employees are low key smokers that used fake piss to pass your stupid test?

Failing to even see the irony of it all is comical and kinda sad to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
The anarchy croud never fails to show their intentions in threads like these.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

By "Anarchy Crowd", you mean lovers of Freedom right?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How dare you tell me I cant burn my trash or tires, and tote my (FATF) shorty suppressed machine guns, but I can sure as hell tell you you cant burn your skunk weed, cuz pot needles offend my sensitive nose!

WOWZA, lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Meh, I couldn't care less, I vote NO on every ballot referendum anyway.  

If I wanted to smoke weed I could get it anytime whether the .gov condones it or not.
View Quote

Im in the same boat. Havent smoked since 2007 and could have some of the stickiest delivered in under 10 minutes. Even if Fl legalized it today I still wouldn't be able to because of the federal aspect.

Now... Lets say you or I wanted to regardless of what the gov says. Is it worth becoming a felon over and losing all of your other rights/job/home/family over getting popped with some marginal personal consumption amount? Thats what this is really about. Freedom of choice and decriminalizing it for those exercising their God given freedoms to consume a plant he created, and intertwined into our very DNA/Brain chemistry. Yep our nurons firing across those synapses gaps are .... as if God made it for us to use.

The endocannabinoid system consists of the endogenous cannabinoids (endocannabinoids), cannabinoid receptors and the enzymes that synthesise and degrade endocannabinoids. Many of the effects of cannabinoids and endocannabinoids are mediated by two G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), CB(1) and CB(2), although additional receptors may be involved. CB(1) receptors are present in very high levels in several brain regions and in lower amounts in a more widespread fashion. These receptors mediate many of the psychoactive effects of cannabinoids. CB(2) receptors have a more restricted distribution, being found in a number of immune cells and in a few neurones. Both CB(1) and CB(2) couple primarily to inhibitory G proteins and are subject to the same pharmacological influences as other GPCRs. Thus, partial agonism, functional selectivity and inverse agonism all play important roles in determining the cellular response to specific cannabinoid receptor ligands.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:59:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:18:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiFlow] [#17]
What I find funny is there three "dispensaries" within 2 miles of my AO and they're always busy.

One even has a drive-up window!      
View Quote

Why not? We still got a drive up liquor window less than a mile from me!

And double luls to the anti pot heads that literally have cannabinoids making their daily life functions possible.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#19]
What I find funny is there three "dispensaries" within 2 miles of my AO and they're always busy.

View Quote

Yeah.....I like that one..... "dispensaries" ......that's new speak for head shops.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah.....I like that one..... "dispensaries" ......that's new speak for head shops.
View Quote

Another swing and a miss.

Head shops cannot dispense weed.

Yet..
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Why do you hate Freedom so much???
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

No shit.. We should be able to be puffing a large ass spliff nude on the couch and order a machine gun online. FTW.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HiFlow:

No shit.. We should be able to be puffing a large ass spliff nude on the couch and order a machine gun online. FTW.
View All Quotes

Many of our Founding Fathers smoked weed regularly. The rope they used was made out of Hemp.
These Men created our Founding Documents.
Those of you that are against our Freedoms are the modern day Red Coats.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I would suggest reading this before forming your opinion. And remember, MJ is still a controlled substance at the federal level.

https://thefirearmfirm.com/medical-marijuana-and-a-concealed-weapons-license/
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kissfan:
I would suggest reading this before forming your opinion. And remember, MJ is still a controlled substance at the federal level.

https://thefirearmfirm.com/medical-marijuana-and-a-concealed-weapons-license/
View Quote

Good read and post. Precisely another reason why it needs to be struck from the controlled substance list at the fed level. Is the 2A absolute or is it not?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Good read and post. Precisely another reason why it needs to be struck from the controlled substance list at the fed level. Is the 2A absolute or is it not?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Wanted to vote don't care but I have seen what has happened to other states that did legalize it and I don't want that.  Voting against it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S58DRIVER] [#28]

View Quote

My Cureleaf is in an old Chase bank building so they kept tge drive up exactly the same.  Something about that tube full of meds coming flying at me makes me lol every time I hear the vacuum sound.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#29]
from a philosophical standpoint, I think ALL drugs should be legal and readily available.  Free, even.  But, that said, the reality of things just does not warrant that libertarian point of view.  If the real world also stipulated that if you screw up with your drug use, there is no safety net,  no medical care, no free ride through the courts, then yeah, zero legal penalty might work.  
Stoners are gonna get stoned.   I realize that.  But still,  what a bunch of asshole,  irresponsible folks that are engaged in drug self gratification.
You can bet that lawyers like John Morgan a pumping millions into ads to legalize the stuff.  It's not because he smokes himself,  it's because he gets rich off of he consequences that happen to those that do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#31]
The irony of all of this is that under the federal Farm Bill Act of 2018, THC is already legal and you can already go buy federally and state legal THC products and get high as hell.

I say legalize it, but make it illegal to smoke in public. I don't want to smell your shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I will vote against it.
Legalizing weed will turn this state blue. Exactly what happened in Colorado
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:28:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: evlblkwpnz] [#33]
ETA: I will be voting 'NO' in light of today's breaking news about DEA rescheduling to Class 3 drug. With rescheduling to Class 3 those who need to use it medically can use it without risking their Second Amendment right.

I'll be voting 'YES'. I don't want to use it recreationally but I figure the more ways it is legalized in each state the closer we are to federal legalization and being able to use it medically and responsibly without affecting firearm ownership. I'd like to use it medically for sleep and migraine but I'm not interested in doing so until it is federally legalized. I think it will pass, bigly. Besides, it's not like people can't get it right now all over the place. If they want to abuse it they will do so legally or not.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#34]
On a moral count, I say legalize everything but take away all narcan, romazicon, and OD EMS dispatches outside of first responder exposures.

However, I absolutely fucking hate sitting at the beach with family or just fishing and smelling strait weed.... It's worse then the dip shits playing speaker battles on the beach or boats...
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#35]
When I lived in WA, I voted for it because of my strong libertarian leanings. This was in 2012.

Because of the way progressives tried to treat me in WA 2020-2022, I have developed an intense hatred for them and will oppose almost anything that is a big issue for them.

So I will vote against it because I hate progressives.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Sure, why not.
Coming from a country where it was practically legal for many years, the novelty will wear off.
The folks that want to smoke recreational and legally already do illegally or have a medical card.
Not much will change, except weed related arrests will go down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Thinking about it, I'm tempted to vote yes just to get the goddamn issue to go away so it stops motivating otherwise lazy and useless people to vote, but chances are it'd drag a lot more of them down here if it passed so I'm gonna have to be a no until more states do it first so it's less of a draw at least.

One thing I'd be very very interested in seeing is a case in front of the USSC that rules the tax stamp as a means of restricting possession of some naughty item to be unconstitutional. Whatever you think of drugs, we do have a weird common cause with legalization advocates that abusing the commerce clause as a tool for prohibition is complete bullshit. It's a shame I don't expect the court would rule on that notion like they did on Roe...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:58:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#38]
I was going to vote for it because I think a plant being illegal is stupid (considering booze and cigarettes are legal.)

But, some people raise some valid points. Also, the State hasn’t laid out how they will deal with it being legal, they literally have no plan at all, that is concerning. Most people seem to vape or eat the THC, at least the people I know who use it. You can smell THC vape, despite what the people who use it think.

People in Europe seem to deal with legal weed just fine because it has been that way for a while. Americans don’t, Vegas being an example.

Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Two "NO" votes in my household.

Not that I care if people smoke a plant, because I don't.   I don't like that it's become such commonplace and is another avenue to help lazy folks be lazy.

I do NOT like the Florida Constitutional amendment process being used in a perverted manner funded by a big company in medical marijuana that will surely profit from its passage.  The only ballot amendment I've voted for in years was to raise the bar for passage to 66%, ironically that was the only amendment on the ballot to fail that year (2020?).

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:06:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ReefRaider] [#40]
Well the poll here doesn't look to promising.  All the same my money is on it passing,  just like the medical version did.  I've had the medical card and while it definitely doesn't help stop pain , it sure can help you forgot about it for awhile.  Have seen many people's lives destroyed by alcohol.  Never seen a smoker who lost ot all . In fact the complete opposite.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Since I can't for the life of me understand where the Fed gets the power to ban it, and it hasn't been stopped to any significant degree with banning, I say legalize it, control it, and make it harder for teens to get it.
And, no, I do not smoke it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
Since I can't for the life of me understand where the Fed gets the power to ban it, and it hasn't been stopped to any significant degree with banning, I say legalize it, control it, and make it harder for teens to get it.
And, no, I do not smoke it.
View Quote

And while I think taxation is theft, you may as well tax weed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Gilly:

We shouldn't be amending the state Constitution every few years by popular vote.
View Quote

Agree. It should be legal. It shouldn’t be part of the state’s constitution. Elect legislators that will do their jobs and write legislation to legalize it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Agree. It should be legal. It shouldn’t be part of the state’s constitution. Elect legislators that will do their jobs and write legislation to legalize it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gilly:

I feel the same way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Agree. It should be legal. It shouldn't be part of the state's constitution. Elect legislators that will do their jobs and write legislation to legalize it.
View Quote
Republicans think the devil's ditch lettuce is just as bad as open carry. They don't want to legalize either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Republicans think the devil's ditch lettuce is just as bad as open carry. They don't want to legalize either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

Agree. It should be legal. It shouldn't be part of the state's constitution. Elect legislators that will do their jobs and write legislation to legalize it.

Oh I’m under no illusion the republican party (especially in FL) are proponents of individual liberty.

Hell, look at the results of the poll on this “freedom loving” forum. I’d bet a pmag the majority of those that voted ‘no’ didn’t do so because they want to limit amendments to the state constitution.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#48]
AP reported today that marijuana will be rescheduled to a Class 3 drug, legalizing medical use.

That's close enough for me and many other gun owners who could benefit from medical use of it. I'm a 'NO' for recreational use now. I expect medical use card applications will be on the rise.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
AP reported today that marijuana will be rescheduled to a Class 3 drug, legalizing medical use.

That's close enough for me and many other gun owners who could benefit from medical use of it. I'm a 'NO' for recreational use now. I expect medical use card applications will be on the rise.
View Quote

Seems like that would also solve the conundrum about using a Federally illegal Schedule 1 drug that is medicinally legal in your state while possessing firearms and/or being issued a CWP.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:

View Quote
Marijuana is currently classified as a Schedule I substance, which means it is considered to have no medical value and a high potential for abuse.

It does not automatically make it something that can be prescribed right when it is rescheduled.

The Biden Administration through the FDA has recommended that it be moved to Schedule III, reflecting a determination that cannabis has a moderate to low potential for abuse, an accepted medical use, and a moderate or low potential for physical dependence or a high potential for psychological dependence. If reclassified, marijuana would be considered a drug with safe and accepted medical uses, and it would ease restrictions on medical research and legitimize the marijuana industry on a national level.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top