Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2024 7:24:23 AM EDT
Not good.

During an active chase of a shooting suspect a Columbia Police Department officer was involved in a collision with a motorist at an intersection on N. Main street downtown. The officer was injured and hospitalized and the motorist was killed and several of his passengers injured.

The suspect in the chase shot and killed an employee of a KIA dealership on Greystone Blvd (near the Columbia Zoo) then led police on a high-speed chase through downtown. Alleged shooter was taken into custody after he crashed into a backyard. Whether the shooting was random is not known at this time.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: staringback05] [#1]
They were chasing a person who just killed someone? The chase itself was justified

I'd reserve to say how the chase unfolded was ok or not until I see the video

I've seen chases where officers had green lights and citizens hit them and got hurt....have no sympathy for that

Also have no sympathy for officers that go to the wheels fall off for a tag violation

Suspect who initiated the pursuit should be charged with every violation that occurred during the pursuit as well...ie this death
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Also consider if the officer was responding to the chase or was an active participate in the chase. I have seen some officers go like hell to get to a chase just so they can be an active part of chase. Was the chase at the time lacking in man power? Does it really take more than 4 officers to be active in a chase?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Perp was in a Mustang. Curbs, pedestrians and innocent people were at risk anyway.
I’m still curious about what unfolded at J.T.’s.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Perp was in a Mustang. Curbs, pedestrians and innocent people were at risk anyway.
I’m still curious about what unfolded at J.T.’s.
View Quote

As am I and still no details.

ETA: It appears that the shooting was completely random.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top