Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 8:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f]
I’m sure this gets asked all the time so I’m sorry. I checked the first few pages and didn’t see any topics.  Checked the topic at the top of the page but it was last updated in 2010 as also looked at other sources.

I’ll be visiting my brother in Chicago this week and just curious about mag capacity laws. From what I’ve seen, I’m good to bring my G19 and 15 rd mags. I know I can’t carry but I feel better having it with me.  My understanding is that I can have it loaded and on me while driving but I have to leave it in the car.  What I’ve seen, this is good under IL state law but does Cook Co or Chicago proper have any bullshit I need to be aware of?

Do I have this right?  Again, I’m sorry and I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a permit yes good to go. Im not sure but I beleive it has to be from your state of residence.

You can carry in the car. 15 rounds on pistol mags.

Yeah Chicago theres alway bullshit. Didnt you hear there suing Glock because it too easy for hood rats and bangers to convert them to full auto.

They say they have collect over 2000 switches so far. I would love to see how many NFA prosecutions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, we think you are okay there, but we are not attorneys.  The best policy is to not to do anything stupid of course.  It is a shame that we now fear the cops more than the criminals while the criminals have little to fear from those same cops.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:
If you have a permit yes good to go. Im not sure but I beleive it has to be from your state of residence.

You can carry in the car. 15 rounds on pistol mags.

Yeah Chicago theres alway bullshit. Didnt you hear there suing Glock because it too easy for hood rats and bangers to convert them to full auto.

They say they have collect over 2000 switches so far. I would love to see how many NFA prosecutions.
View Quote

My understanding is Chicago has a written policy not to turn any Federal gun control violators over to the feds.  Rules are for the little people.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are legal to carry concealed in your home state, you can vehicle carry loaded.  We have state wide preemption so the law is the same everywhere here.
Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
And you can carry at your brothers or anywhere where you have the owners permission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top