Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 10:07:08 PM EDT
Hey Gang, so we all know about Blue Nevada charging sales tax on guns PURCHASED from out of state dealers, but a friend is trying to transfer a gun they WON from a competition (Tactical Games) and Spartan is charging sales tax on it.
They just picked a tax about based on the retail price of the gun despite there being no invoice or sales price with the gun, because you know... it wasn't purchased.

I remember one FFL saying gifts and such are exempted from this collection.

Have you all dealt with this before?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I had something similar at NFA. I had to fill out a form saying I paid taxes for the gun. I was like WTF is this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:10:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 47hooker] [#2]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Hey Gang, so we all know about Blue Nevada charging sales tax on guns PURCHASED from out of state dealers, but a friend is trying to transfer a gun they WON from a competition (Tactical Games) and Spartan is charging sales tax on it.
They just picked a tax about based on the retail price of the gun despite there being no invoice or sales price with the gun, because you know... it wasn't purchased.

I remember one FFL saying gifts and such are exempted from this collection.

Have you all dealt with this before?
View Quote
 that sucks
its just washoe and clark that are blue,  rest of the state is  red af.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 47hooker:
 that sucks
its just washoe and clark that are blue,  rest of the state is  red af.
View Quote

Sadly that doesn't mean f-all when it comes to how the state goes. Same crap everywhere, a few blue cities lead the rest of the state around by the nose. See: PA, AZ, CO, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top