Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2024 2:21:23 PM EDT
Must Read AK posted Rob Yundt filed for State Senate for Wasilla Seat N.  He had a lot of pro-gun actions while working for Mat-Su.  Not my area to vote in but I hope he replaces a RINO.

Edit: No notice from ADN!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
He's also a guy who has shown he will hook up his buddy Mookie Tew with sweetheart gravel deals, doesn't care about public process in his wasilla borough district and has shown wanton disregard for permitting of any way shape or form. He's a slum lord who builds crappy mc mansions in the MSB. He has a worse track record than David Wilson who like his house counterpart Eastman only care about shilling for right to life people who give big donations.

Can you tell where I live ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Yundt:

*Helped repeal a previously adopted anti Second Amendment gun range ordinance, then sponsored legislation to change borough code and requires any future assembly ordinance pertaining to guns to require voter approval.

* Critical 4th vote to donate land to a local non-profit youth shooting organization to be a world-class shooting range for Mat-Su Borough students.

I was at the protest when the range ordinance first came up.  I'm glad it was repealed!
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The range ordinance was directly a result of when the MSB and City of Wasilla killed the proposal to build an indoor range in the old fred meyer building in wasilla that is now the eye sore known as U Haul. I'm not saying he's a terrible person but just because you give land away that wasn't used for the hopes and ideas of a shooting range for kids (with no funding mechanisms attached that I am aware of in any capacity) does not make you a perfect person. Voting for someone because of 1 policy decision is ridiculous

I say follow the money, Yudnt didn't care about building homes in violation of the clean water act and was fined $107,000 and then hit with an additional $77,500. Thats for building homes in swamps and marsh around Wasilla Lake which is stocked with fish by ADF&G . Also he failed to recuse himself with his buddy deal with Mookie Tew when he tried to bypass public input with expanding the amount of gravel the MSB mine without public notice by 10 fold.

The Valley is just like anchorage with their politicians and friends giving hook up deals the only problem is out here people just don't look into it or talk about it. It is the West Virginia of the north at times. Friends Brothers and In laws (Look at Dee McKey who essentially took over for her husband and is totally inept and demanded seniors and disabled people show tax records to prove they "need" the disability tax break even though its in STATE law).

On his list of "achievements" was stopping the MSB from becoming a 1st class borough, that is a huge thing that I did like because many people don't know the difference. a 2nd class borough the voters have to approve many things in order to get them done. Most voters here don't know the differences between the different classes of boroughs/cities or even who their assembly person is. He also bumped the senior and disability tax break which was another positive. But If he's going get my vote I have many more questions. Like when will MSB get a full time fire department for the core areas ? , what will he do differently than Wilson ?, How does he feel about legalized gambling as a state revenue source ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top