Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2023 2:51:51 PM EDT
Sununu not running.

RINO and apathetic to the 2A Morse has said he is running.

IMO, all Sununu's language has pointed towards him wanting to be VP.

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampshire-governor-chris-sununu-not-running-24/44588082
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, has his flaws but held the line on the 2A and taxes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't be surprised if some folks try to pull Edelblut in, but the question is who is good----and electable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I've met him and he is a genuinely decent guy and super smart.  When I asked if he was planning on going to DC in some capacity, he said why would I want to put my family through all that to go deal with that cesspool of humanity down there.

While he might not be the perfect candidate for some his departure places us at risk for income taxes and gun control nonsense from the ever increasing dipshits moving here from MA.

-P
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:33:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#6]
I always felt the guy did a pretty good job walking the line in a purple state. Held firm where it mattered (2A, COVID) without being blindly partisan and divisive. Maybe there's a model to be followed there. Needs to exercise a bit though....

ETA...
And I shudder to think who might end up replacing him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PrincipsPistol:
I always felt the guy did a pretty good job walking the line in a purple state. Held firm where it mattered (2A, COVID) without being blindly partisan and divisive. Maybe there's a model to be followed there. Needs to exercise a bit though....

ETA...
And I shudder to think who might end up replacing him.
View Quote

Agreed on all points and definitely agree on maybe there is a model to be followed.

It was always interesting watching rabid liberals say he was doing a good job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Wouldn't be surprised if some folks try to pull Edelblut in, but the question is who is good----and electable.
View Quote

IIRC, only about 800 votes separated Sununu and Edelblut in the 2016 primary.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:56:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DieselEngineer] [#9]
McCain-bot Kelly Ayotte announced candidacy this morning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#10]
Originally Posted By eric496:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eric496:
Originally Posted By FDC:

Yeah, super close.

Edit, LMAO at Ian Freeman running as a D then when the past few years he has been running as an R.  Has he been sentenced yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Time for swamp creature Kelly Ayotte to take her rightful place on Squishy Sununus throne
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
Time for swamp creature Kelly Ayotte to take her rightful place on Squishy Sununus throne
View Quote

I honestly don't know enough about her to say whether I'd vote for or not.

I do know I won't vote for Morse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
View Quote

Unfortunately it's about the only choice we have if we want to preserve any 2A rights in the state. I'm sure there will be a horde of liberal snakes slithering up from northern mass, so she'll have an uphill battle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#14]
We're probably one democrat governorship and legislature away from all the things Sununu vetoed and more. Red flag laws, no private sales, waiting periods, etc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#15]
Stuff like this doesn't help much:  https://www.businessnhmagazine.com/article/how-often-did-elected-officials-show-up-for-work

Attachment Attached File

I fully understand emergency, or family tragedy as these folks are essentially unpaid volunteers, but I'll bet some of the reasoning doesn't meet that requirement.

There are some dedicated dudes though.  State Rep Gregg Hough R from Laconia not in now attending a session the day after his house burned killing his mother last year.  Told other reps it was his duty to be there.

Another thing that hurts is asshole republicans voting against gun bills.  Dan Wolf out of Merrimack needs to go away.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Guarantee they push a Lib somehow, alot of money will be spent
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Ayotte will be a "hold your nose" candidate !
I wrote to her several times voicing my objection to her being in the McStain, Graham group.

She could have done a lot better for NH if she had stayed a little more independent of them.
That being said, I think her election against Hassan was stolen by out of state same day students voting.

We'll see who ends up being in the primary, unfortunately NH is even more over run with out of state liberals than it was 4 or 8 years ago !
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MK4Mod0:

We'll see who ends up being in the primary, unfortunately NH is even more over run with out of state liberals than it was 4 or 8 years ago !
View Quote

Primaries for both parties.  Warmington and Craig came out with anti gun statements the second the "multiple victim mass shooting" at the Manch hospital broke.  Not like any of us were going to vote for them anyways.

I'm not a native, so I don't know Ayotte or her history.  I did pull the bills Morse sponsored and cosponsored in the House and Senate and there was not a pro 2A bill among them.  Disclaimer that the General Court site has database issues.  To me, Morse is at best apathetic to the 2A.  He voted against the 2A a couple years back with an amendment to HB307, but to be fair you have to go into the weeds of multiple organizations to dig that one out.

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]
There's some grumbling that Sununu might be Haley's VP choice, anybody else hear that?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
There's some grumbling that Sununu might be Haley's VP choice, anybody else hear that?
View Quote

I have not heard it officially, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Quite a few folks I BS with think similar-he's running for VP of almost any candidate.

He's been playing on the national stage for the past couple years.

Then there was the on again/off again running for Senate in 22, then same running for President in 24.  

Now he's traveling with Haley around the country.  

Regardless of personal views on specific things, he wouldn't be a bad VP choice strategically*.  He's pretty middle of the road with some things like abortion and redistricting.  He, from the TV's perspective, handled the scamdemic well.  So much so, and with minor trespassing things covered up, that some "independents" vote for him.  

*Strategically defined as getting an R in office.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top