Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2024 1:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771]
For those that were around when the TN hometown forum shirts were available, the back had a very nice design w/ a Don't Tread on Me snake silhouette filled in w/ the TN tri-star.  I'm wanting to get a hold of the user that designed it up can not for the life of me remember who it was. I believe they ended up moving out of Tennessee.  Anyone happen to recall?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
He had a nuclear blast mushroom cloud for an avatar. I can't for the life of me remember his handle. I asked him for permission to make some stickers and magnets which he granted.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's him!  Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#4]
Yukonboy ordered them. And the 2nd batch ordered in 2016.

I still have the shirt and 1 sticker left. The magnets were real cool. I forgot to take them off before going into a car wash.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#5]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Yukonboy ordered them. And the 2nd batch ordered in 2016.

I still have the shirt and 1 sticker left. The magnets were real cool. I forgot to take them off before going into a car wash.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200035/Capture_JPG-3101492.JPG
View Quote

I want one in a tshirt. How can we make this happen?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Soxfan:

I want one in a tshirt. How can we make this happen?
View Quote
Dunno but I'm in if so.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
What's up gentlemen. Hope yall are doing well with the freezing temps.

I think there are sites that allow someone to post a t shirt design and anyone can order and they will be drop shipped.
Yall could pick something else for the front, like "TN," "TENNESSEE," "Volunteer State" or something like that.  The only issue last time was use of the BFL on the front.
That would be the easiest way, logistically and without minimum issues.

I still have about 8 Magnets. They are a little curled but should flatten out if you put them under some heavy books or something.
I have stickers, need to see how many though.

-John
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
only have 1 of the brighter, original sticker. (GoTigers has dibs if he wants it)
18 of the large squares (they seem darker in person than this photo)
55 of the circles

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#10]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
What's up gentlemen. Hope yall are doing well with the freezing temps.

I think there are sites that allow someone to post a t shirt design and anyone can order and they will be drop shipped.
Yall could pick something else for the front, like "TN," "TENNESSEE," "Volunteer State" or something like that.  The only issue last time was use of the BFL on the front.
That would be the easiest way, logistically and without minimum issues.

I still have about 8 Magnets. They are a little curled but should flatten out if you put them under some heavy books or something.
I have stickers, need to see how many though.

-John
View Quote

I’ll take a few of the stickers.

Regarding the shirts, you designed and own the art. Come up with something in the front, put it on a site, and put the link out. That way you’ll get something in return, assuming you get a cut of all sales from those sites. My wife got me a couple of shirts from Teepublic that are good quality.

Anyone have any suggestions for the front left breast? Maybe the state outline with a crossed old cool A1 and a modern AR set up? Or a Musket and a modern AR setup? I’d be cool with the APC logo too if @Ben gave the sign off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm good thanks. Someone else can have them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me know when yall come up with a good idea for the front and I will work something up and get it live online
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#14]
DM sent for stickers and also in for shirts if there good quality and soft
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I had like 8 or 10 of them. I gave some away and wore half of them for years. I loved them. I still have a couple of very well worn one still in my dresser. I would absolutely be in on another round.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#16]
We can't use the arfcom BFL on these like @YukonBoy03 did on the old ones. I'm working to get something for the front left breast made up. It's a state outline w/ a couple of rifles crossed over it, but the original thought of a KY/PA rifle w/ a modern AR didn't look right. So I'm trying to get it to look right.

If anyone has any suggestions or artistic ability, I'm all ears because I certainly don't have art skills and I don't really have any of the computer skills to do this very well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
We can't use the arfcom BFL on these like @YukonBoy03 did on the old ones. I'm working to get something for the front left breast made up. It's a state outline w/ a couple of rifles crossed over it, but the original thought of a KY/PA rifle w/ a modern AR didn't look right. So I'm trying to get it to look right.

If anyone has any suggestions or artistic ability, I'm all ears because I certainly don't have art skills and I don't really have any of the computer skills to do this very well.
View Quote

If you have another gun idea, I can try and work something up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#18]

If you have another gun idea, I can try and work something up.
View Quote
I had a buddy work this up for me right quick yesterday.  What's everyone think of it?

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Do we want it to say anything around it or just the logo?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I like it. Would be cool to do an M16A1 and then a completely modern AR, suppressor, no FSB, etc
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#22]
I like it. Would be cool to do an M16A1 and then a completely modern AR, suppressor, no FSB, etc
View Quote
Yea I had that exact same idea and tried finding some line or clip art for a modern AR like that, but damned if I could find anything. I had to buy the graphic of the two rifles and have a buddy edit it to get it to the point it's at now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump.  Anyone better at art than I am? I like the idea of an M16A1 and a completely modern set up w/ a can, no FSB, etc.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I can jump in photoshop later this evening and play with this some. Just have to fix my car first.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought 2 of the t shirts that were offered a few years ago. I really like them. They are a bit faded now. Wish we could get that design again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I Volunteer Sir

Under the crossed musket/AR
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:41:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#28]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

What's everyone think about this for the front? @YukonBoy03

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it, what's folks thoughts on 1 of the crossed Rifles being a musket?

I think the words are perfect for our state

I'm in for 4 when we do this
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:43:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#32]
Originally Posted By bansil:
I like it, what's folks thoughts on 1 of the crossed Rifles being a musket?

I think the words are perfect for our state

I'm in for 4 when we do this
View Quote
I thought of the musket first when I originally tried this but the scale was off w/ the musket being so much longer.  It either looked like a match stick or was super out of proportion even with a 20" barreled A1.  That's why I moved on to the modern AR w/ the A1.

ETA: I'm hoping we can get this design on long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:25:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#33]
Design looks great!

Makes sense about the musket,  thank you for doing this will get a couple for me and wife
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Could also do a modern AR with a powder horn hanging from it.

That would be a subtle cool mix of old and new.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Everyone has an opinion, etc., but I suggest a 20-rd mag for the M-16, since it's old school cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PigBat:
Everyone has an opinion, etc., but I suggest a 20-rd mag for the M-16, since it's old school cool.
View Quote
I considered that and even mocked one up, but it screws w/ the symmetry of the design.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#37]

I considered that and even mocked one up, but it screws w/ the symmetry of the design.
View Quote

Understood, thank you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#38]
We can't use the arfcom BFL on these
View Quote
Help me out here

How is it an arf hometown forum tshirt if it doesn't have the arf logo on it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By high_order1:
Help me out here

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
We can't use the arfcom BFL on these
Help me out here

Original design was designed by an arfcommer.  Front design is by an arfcommer. If it requires the BFL to be an "Official (TM)" HT shirt, then I guess it's not.

Luckily, you don't have to buy one if you don't want it when/if they are up for sale.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Original design was designed by an arfcommer.  Front design is by an arfcommer. If it requires the BFL to be an "Official (TM)" HT shirt, then I guess it's not.

Luckily, you don't have to buy one if you don't want it when/if they are up for sale.
View Quote
No need to be rude, you still didn't explain why the BFL couldn't be an element, so that tells me what I need to know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#41]
No need to be rude, you still didn't explain why the BFL couldn't be an element, so that tells me what I need to know.
View All Quotes

Wasnt intending to be rude. Just stating a fact. Post 8 in this thread Yukon (the designer of the first run) states using the BFL was an issue. That’s what I’m going off of.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Wasnt intending to be rude. Just stating a fact. Post 8 in this thread Yukon (the designer of the first run) states using the BFL was an issue. That’s what I’m going off of.
View All Quotes

I would try asking @hank and see. Maybe the site store can handle the run once you have the design.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#43]
well...

Apparently there is an approval process:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/ARFCOM-Ham-Radio-Team-T-Shirt/22-707019/?r=-1&page=1&anc=12136693#i12136693

I am not trying to shit on your project or take it over. If you want to make something bootleg or internal, ok. idc, honestly. I'm just not interested in one without the BFL, because that is the graphic element I will recognize in public.

If you want, I have no problem talking to the Avila's or any of the site staff about it for y'all.

Just wondered why no bolt face on an arf design, was my sole curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#44]
As a way to do penance, give me about 18 hours, I will crank out some design elements in photoshop for you guys to peruse.

Not complaining, but my wife and I both have been going through a lot of health and finance issues last three years, and I don't brain so good most days I can get up. (shrugs)
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: high_order1] [#46]
Here's one rifle:

Attachment Attached File

I also found a version that I could modify enough to avoid copyright issues that is outlined instead of plain black. Visually more interesting, but issue would be what the end printer system would be. Probably ok for screen print, not sure about that new thermal process.

(It's taking me awhile. Even if I wasn't on low brain, it's been forever since I shopped anything.)

edit:

outline of original work example

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: high_order1] [#47]
probably too busy of a design.

Attachment Attached File

design elements:

Site is ar15.com. Those are my two favorites. Started to put a bayonet on the one, thought better of it. Yes, the M4 has a brace on it as well as a D60, laser, can, can opener... I ran out of room. Your shirt may be illegal in CA and Up North.

Put a musket on there to pay homage to where it all started from. With those three, you can start a conversation with any person that likes rifles.

The state is there, the tri star is getting popular now, no real hidden messages besides the rack number on the M16.

Nothing is super accurate, I made changes to help protect the design. The BFL is intentionally light, those who see it will know, those who don't will think it's a tn shooting shirt.

I didn't add any verbiage, because the more I came up with the angrier I got. Stopped at Sorry, State's Full. (shrugs)

Easy add.

Wanted to put a possum with a NV helmet on top, but realized that was too much for a pocket design. It's yours, feel free to use it or not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#48]
tag, I need a shirt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#49]
probably too busy of a design.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17550/v1_jpg-3202579.JPG

design elements:

Site is ar15.com. Those are my two favorites. Started to put a bayonet on the one, thought better of it. Yes, the M4 has a brace on it as well as a D60, laser, can, can opener... I ran out of room. Your shirt may be illegal in CA and Up North.

Put a musket on there to pay homage to where it all started from. With those three, you can start a conversation with any person that likes rifles.

The state is there, the tri star is getting popular now, no real hidden messages besides the rack number on the M16.

Nothing is super accurate, I made changes to help protect the design. The BFL is intentionally light, those who see it will know, those who don't will think it's a tn shooting shirt.

I didn't add any verbiage, because the more I came up with the angrier I got. Stopped at Sorry, State's Full. (shrugs)

Easy add.

Wanted to put a possum with a NV helmet on top, but realized that was too much for a pocket design. It's yours, feel free to use it or not.
View Quote
I like it!  I wonder if having the option to use either design on the front w/ the the original DTOM snake art would be possible as I wouldn't mind having one w/ each or maybe one on a shirt and the other on a hoodie or something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#50]

I like it!  I wonder if having the option to use either design on the front w/ the the original DTOM snake art would be possible as I wouldn't mind having one w/ each or maybe one on a shirt and the other on a hoodie or something.
View Quote
I don't see why not?

The ham forum is seeing if the board will stock their design on the website. That would make it a ton simpler than doing a shirt and handling the money (I did that once here). I'll be happy to ask if you don't want to, paulie
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top