Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 6:46:21 PM EDT
Don't really know why I am posting this here.
Trying to reach out, maybe. The only thing I have close to a friend is an Evangelical Christian that has never drank or I'd be at the bar nursing a single $3 beer.
I am not posting in GD because... honestly, I'm not really looking for a bunch of assholes lining up to kick me when I'm down.
I'm fucking hurting for my family, and myself. My wife doesn't work due to a chronic illness and the kid is still too young and has her own issues.

"Lack of Performance"

I know I finished more XXs than anyone else in the past month.
I know I finished them faster than all but two of my coworkers, out of 7.
None of us were performing below standard.

I reached out and asked my boss for work every day I didn't have an XX assigned. We often worked so fast we ran out of work.

I could see the Que where all that info was recorded.

"Lack of Performance" :\

I never said no to an assignment or avoided responsibility.

Anyway, I'm not asking for money. Do not send money, I'll tell!

Help would be appreciated if you guys can think of anything or any resources I should look into for help.

The job market is brutal, I've been posting for other positions for months. My last job interview I was told they were looking for someone less qualified. WHAAAATTT!!!? I could see the writing on the wall. Policies changing every week. Work guidance changing every week. One boss says one thing, the other boss says another, and I get gigged for the error and I still don't know which one they wanted me to do. Frequent leadership changes. Switched to new systems twice and were told to write our own documentation, no training provided. 16 months and not a single raise for anyone. the young guy I was mentoring left for a similar job making $22k a year more. It has been time to get out and I was trying. My last job interview I was told they were looking for someone less qualified. WHAAAATTT!!!?

I have a clearance so, no, no one but me and my wife knew about the job search. I can keep secrets.
I haven't slept since 6am yesterday. I don't even know if this is making sense.

They were nice enough to let me work out the day and finish my assigned XX before they pulled me into a Teams meeting with HR.

I have an active claim in with the VA for... everything. That can take another year. At my last appointment my evaluator told me I had brain damage and it was obvious. Thanks? I am going to file my taxes tomorrow, but we are getting screwed this year and it won't last long.

Before the economy went to shit we had savings. Those are gone. We have always lived lean. No car payments. Low end cell phone. No eating outside of the house. The only "Meat" I have eaten in the past few months has been phallic. I try to put the food budget into good food for my wife and kid. I eat the cheap garbage. At this point, my ideal retirement plan is a Widowmaker MI before my life insurance runs out in a week.

I think I'll go for a run.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is hang tough, man.

A few comments, though, on job search...

-You say you have a clearance. clearancejobs.com is your friend.
-What are your skills? What's your resume look like?
-Understand that if you're getting gigged for being too skilled (and I have had that issue), you may have to pull back your resume to make you look less skilled. That's an odd dichotomy, but you might make your positions look like they were lower tier and/or you have less experience (remove older jobs, if you have a degree remove the year) for some positions that you apply for.

If I'm reading this right and you were interviewing elsewhere while at your current job... well... if they found out about it, that might have been a reason to get rid of you if they had decided they were going to get rid of someone, and 'lack of performance' was just the excuse. Just because you were being quiet doesn't mean everyone your were interviewing with was. It's dirty, but 'do you know your guy is interviewing' does happen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
File for unemployment.  They say lack of performance but the unemployment office may see it differently.  You've been working.  You earned it.

What area are you located?  What kind of work are you looking for?  

I know Boeing was looking for people recently.  I think they are in Chandler or Mesa.  Clearance would help you there.  Military helicopter manufacturing.

Hang in there brother!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azcopwannabee] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

-Understand that if you're getting gigged for being too skilled (and I have had that issue), you may have to pull back your resume to make you look less skilled. That's an odd dichotomy, but you might make your positions look like they were lower tier and/or you have less experience (remove older jobs, if you have a degree remove the year) for some positions that you apply for.

If I'm reading this right and you were interviewing elsewhere while at your current job... well... if they found out about it, that might have been a reason to get rid of you if they had decided they were going to get rid of someone, and 'lack of performance' was just the excuse. Just because you were being quiet doesn't mean everyone your were interviewing with was. It's dirty, but 'do you know your guy is interviewing' does happen.
View Quote

My resume is minimalist. Just the facts, Ma'am. I got a look at a coworkers and it was a maelstrom of shading and frames and I think they had a T-Chart.

I just posted for this position. www.linkedin com/jobs/view/3839186990 left cold. This gives you an idea of my most current skill set. This would be a 30% bump in income. My previous experience was as an All Source Intelligence Analyst for the Army Reserves (12yrs), and a civilian instructor (11yrs) for the same from 2003 to 2020 with 5 years of doing both at the same time. 2008 Deployment to VBC.

I live in the Sierra Vista area.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The unemployment site is down. Fuckers!!

The company has till EOD on Wednesday to pay me out, by law. They never do. I always report them to the labor board. The last company ignored my warnings, I even sent them the link to the ARS or whatever. I reported them. A few months later I got a $1500 check. Turns out during the investigation and audit of my employment records it was discovered they were incorrectly calculating my PTO accrural. The labor board decided to audit all employee files and the scuttlebutt rumor is that EVERYONE was having PTO skimmed. That must have sucked.

I do have documents to support my assertion that I was not under performing. My minimum completion rate was 100 pages per day (not actual). My average since starting was 144 pages per day. For all of 2024 so far I got it up to 149 pages per day. We were required to keep an unbranded work log reflecting an assortment of data metrics used to build the weekly sitreps. I have mine. I also have a few emails giving me positive feedback and a coworker that worked directly with me that will sign an affidavit that I was doing very well above standard.

I hope to not have to use UI. I'm getting one half paycheck. Rent is due in a week. At this point I am willing to pose for nudes as long as a cowboy hat and an AR-15 are involved... in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I went ahead and knocked out Medical and Nutrition Aid applications.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/DIllon-Precision-is-looking-for-a-customer-service-representative/13-672749/

if you're posting on ARFCOM, you probably qualify for this one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Raytheon in Tucson is hiring.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You'll get unemployment. We've fired people for cause and attendance. They file for unemployment. They always win. At this point we don't even contest it.

The max currently is $320 a week, and subject to taxes (or at least it was pre-pandemic).
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Seams odd they would fire the most productive employee . it might be in your best interest to contact the https://www.azica.gov/divisions/labor-department https://www.azica.gov/divisions/labor-department
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Seams odd they would fire the most productive employee . it might be in your best interest to contact the https://www.azica.gov/divisions/labor-department https://www.azica.gov/divisions/labor-department
View Quote

I wasn't the top, but the third.

I'm also NOT NORMAL, but not in a bad way. I am there to work, not socialize. I don't do well in social settings. I have ADHD. I take notes like an MFer. In previous jobs I was talked to about taking notes. they thought I was doodling so they asked me a very detailed question in front of the entire staff. I was able to answer them in detail and even asked a few clarifying questions. Other workers would ask to see my notes because they needed more info on what was said in meetings. Of course, instead of being viewed as proactive and engaged I was viewed as a smart ass. I may be a touch autistic but I refuse to acquire any more labels.

I don't get angry, I don't talk bad about people, but you know how it is. No one likes the weird guy. I don't do bad in social settings but I always feel like the odd man out, you know. Most people are superficial and vapid and I just can't listen to how someone's day was ruined because it took too long to get their Starbucks.

I make lists and check lists.

I probably ask too many questions but I just want to make sure I am doing the job correctly in the way the employer desires.

Also, I looked it up, in Arizona it is now 7 business days to remit my last check. March 5th is the deadline.

I have talked with my other supervisor and they are trying to 86 her as well with false accusations of bullying employees. This lady was our work mom. She would bring in baked goods every week. She was there to listen to our problems and give advice even if it was just a hug and a hang in there. Bullying!? Anyway, she said I can use her as a reference and since she is my supervisor to list her if I need to and she will give glowing feedback. The whole place is a toxic shitshow, more than I knew when I was there.

I just did my job and did it well. It's seeming more and more like some fat needed trimming and I was voted off the island.

I don't even know anymore.

I need my VA to get approved and then I can spend the rest of my life working shit jobs and between both incomes, survive.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#11]
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:

View Quote
That isn't a quick process.  It will probably take a part time job elsewhere to allow time to negotiate the hiring process.  Have a backup plan. One guy we on-boarded finally got an offer from Raytheon.  He was only with us two weeks. A former close friend is retiring from there this year.

Almost any place will pay more than unemployment, all you need to do is look.

ETA: I have that savant-level of memory for some things, no notes.  I can remember exact quotes from meetings or situations months before.  I doodle in meetings to stay awake, but I will break it off in someones ass if they think I am not paying attention.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally heard from all three people that were tasked with reviewing my work. None of them had anything negative to say. This info was obtained from a third party.
Words included Amazing and very fast and I don't even know why they are making me review his work he's better than I am.
Today my former employer sent me a progressive counseling plan for outlining my deficiencies and wanted me to sign it.
I don't even know what to call that mental condition.
No, I'm not going to sign a document acknowledging the truth of false accusations! Also, I'm not signing shit since I don't work for you anymore.
The entire team is freaking out especially the people that ranked lower than me in stats.
I also turned in my work equipment and demanded a receipt. They didn't ask for the $1000 40" curved screen monitor they forced me to take home. So, I guess I'll become a YouTube gamer or something.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#13]
ADCRR is always looking for good IT people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Raytheon certainly takes their sweet time but it looks like you have a degree and a clearance so you should be able to find something there.  The drive would suck but I know other people that do it.  If you get the Rita Rd. site at least you would be a little closer.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
That isn't a quick process.  It will probably take a part time job elsewhere to allow time to negotiate the hiring process.  Have a backup plan. One guy we on-boarded finally got an offer from Raytheon.  He was only with us two weeks. A former close friend is retiring from there this year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/IN_and_OUT-2980628.jpg

ETA: I have that savant-level of memory for some things, no notes.  I can remember exact quotes from meetings or situations months before.  I doodle in meetings to stay awake, but I will break it off in someones ass if they think I am not paying attention.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/IN_and_OUT-2980628.jpg

Minimum wage in AZ is $14.35/hr. The only way you wouldn't beat unemployment with a job, is if you worked less than 22 hours a week.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I know it is easy for me to say and difficult to do.  But don't look back and don't waste your time thinking about it.  Move on to the next job.  It's just a job and did you wrong, so move on.  In a few years, you won't even think about them except in passing.

Life does get better as long as you work towards a better life.  I remember feeling hopeless in my early 20's, not know how I would afford anything other than just living.  But with experience and hard work, I climbed the ladder.  I eventually got to the top of my pay grade doing what I was doing (Draftsperson at a pool/landscape installation company).  I wanted more, so I reinvented myself and moved into the sales side of the business.  I was able to double my pay pretty quickly.  That moved me from doing well enough to doing great.  I kept the same spending habits (minus a splurge every now and then) and put away some money.  It took going outside my comfort zone and taking a risk.  

Then, after a handful of years, I didn't feel I was being valued by the company I worked for.  So I looked around and jumped ship.  I was able to double my income again.  I'm on the verge again, but I am not sure I can double my income.  But I think I can get an increase in pay and big decrease in job frustration and stress.  That is like getting an increase.

So to sum it up, move on and do better.  Look for the next opportunity and be prepared to step out of your comfort zone.  I wish I did it years earlier.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ihon:
I know it is easy for me to say and difficult to do.  But don't look back and don't waste your time thinking about it.  Move on to the next job.  It's just a job and did you wrong, so move on.  In a few years, you won't even think about them except in passing.

Life does get better as long as you work towards a better life.  I remember feeling hopeless in my early 20's, not know how I would afford anything other than just living.  But with experience and hard work, I climbed the ladder.  I eventually got to the top of my pay grade doing what I was doing (Draftsperson at a pool/landscape installation company).  I wanted more, so I reinvented myself and moved into the sales side of the business.  I was able to double my pay pretty quickly.  That moved me from doing well enough to doing great.  I kept the same spending habits (minus a splurge every now and then) and put away some money.  It took going outside my comfort zone and taking a risk.  

Then, after a handful of years, I didn't feel I was being valued by the company I worked for.  So I looked around and jumped ship.  I was able to double my income again.  I'm on the verge again, but I am not sure I can double my income.  But I think I can get an increase in pay and big decrease in job frustration and stress.  That is like getting an increase.

So to sum it up, move on and do better.  Look for the next opportunity and be prepared to step out of your comfort zone.  I wish I did it years earlier.
View Quote
I second this.
I probably failed to an extent following advice like this. I dwelled on a previous termination I had.
I still think about it, years later... but really, it doesn't do you any good. Work on yourself, try hard to make lemonade out of lemons. I can't tell you how many times I've heard from people who got fired, and ended up getting a better paying job that they likely wouldn't have gotten if they didn't get fired.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By azcopwannabee:

My resume is minimalist. Just the facts, Ma'am. I got a look at a coworkers and it was a maelstrom of shading and frames and I think they had a T-Chart.

I just posted for this position. www.linkedin com/jobs/view/3839186990 left cold. This gives you an idea of my most current skill set. This would be a 30% bump in income. My previous experience was as an All Source Intelligence Analyst for the Army Reserves (12yrs), and a civilian instructor (11yrs) for the same from 2003 to 2020 with 5 years of doing both at the same time. 2008 Deployment to VBC.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

@azcopwannabee

I'm sure you've seen these positions or maybe one was your former position, but thought I'd drop them here for you anyway.

https://www.northropgrumman.com/jobs/Communications/Editing-and-Writing/United-States-of-America/Arizona/Sierra-Vista/R10146279/principal-technical-editor-and-writer

https://www.gdit.com/careers/job/f85bfc6a9/technical-writer/

https://jobs.lever.co/agile-defense/3cfb9178-b6a5-4e75-9df3-a662c1a52e07
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:53:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SturmMonkey] [#19]
Agile Defense just won a bunch of contracts from Jacobs.  They should have positions open for a bunch of test positions.  It may not be what you want to do but as an old friend used to tell me "The best time to look for a job is when you already have one."  Good luck, and I hope something works out.

ETA:  This is another company that picked up contracts on FH.

https://www.trexsolutionsllc.com/
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By samiam83:

@azcopwannabee

I'm sure you've seen these positions or maybe one was your former position, but thought I'd drop them here for you anyway.

https://www.northropgrumman.com/jobs/Communications/Editing-and-Writing/United-States-of-America/Arizona/Sierra-Vista/R10146279/principal-technical-editor-and-writer

https://www.gdit.com/careers/job/f85bfc6a9/technical-writer/

https://jobs.lever.co/agile-defense/3cfb9178-b6a5-4e75-9df3-a662c1a52e07
View Quote

I applied to two of them before seeing this today, and one a few days ago. Thank you! I appreciate the referrals!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I got my VA disability rating today. 70%, back dated to August.

If I can get the money in the next few days we will be ok.

I don't know what this means for UI, and honestly, I just want to stick it to my former employer a bit.

Someone tell me about 70% rating benefits. I could look it up but it means more from you guys.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#22]
When I first moved to AZ, I did a couple temp agency jobs to get a feel for the industries and establish contacts.  Both temp jobs turned into permanent offers, but I was chasing a salary number that wasn't being met.  Next, I worked for a toxic employer that paid well, for 5 years, and then landed where I am now.  I expect to be fired on any given day (C-suite acts like drunk toddlers), and would not mind the unemployment pay until my retirement. I am almost invisible at this point. Fuckers would be better off to give me a lump sum and have me sign a NDA at this point.  

A director I worked for, a good one, got fired for political reasons. Being competent and making good decisions was no longer desireable.  He worked as a temp in a director position for another site and they hired him.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#23]
I got my VA disability rating today. 70%, back dated to August.

If I can get the money in the next few days we will be ok.

I don't know what this means for UI, and honestly, I just want to stick it to my former employer a bit.

Someone tell me about 70% rating benefits. I could look it up but it means more from you guys.
View Quote
Just forget about the former employer.  The taint will eventually wash off.  I hope you filed for UI the first day.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#24]
If a veteran is at 70%, there is a program for "Individual unemployability" and they can get paid at the rate for 100%, something like $4K/month tax free.

Paladin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top