Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2023 6:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer]
Similar thread to that in G.D.  - but in Texas HTF to sort out all the Texas Hate & Jealousy to give meaningful discussion about the current & future trends relating to our beloved Texas.

Texas added nearly 1.6 million people between 2020 and Jan. 1, with the Austin region - the state's fastest-growing metro area with 7.2% growth - drawing in the most new residents, according to new population data by the Texas Demographic Center. But Fort Worth added more residents - 48,542 - than any other city.

The video above is from ABC13's 24/7 livestream.

The so-called "Texas Triangle"- composed of the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin metro areas - now holds a whopping 68% of the state's 30.3 million residents.

Overall, the population of Texas grew by 4% from January 2020 to January 2023, including new births as well as new residents moving to the area, the data show.

"Texas is growing at a rapid rate because we have high resident retention and are attracting new domestic residents," said Lauren Leining, a data analyst at Texas 2036, which strategizes on long-term Texas policy. "With new state residents bringing in considerable wealth, Texas should take this opportunity to expand infrastructure in important ways."

Helen You, associate director and lead demographer at TDC, said a large majority of the population changes come from migration both from in and out of the state. You said that over half of Texas' counties are in "rural decline," meaning their deaths outnumber their births. However, the statewide population is still rising due to the sheer number of new Texans.

"Actually, three-fourths of the state's increase are driven by migration from either inside the United States ... or from immigration," You said.

And while most Texans live in major metro areas, it's not those regions' core cities that are growing rapidly. All five of the cities with the highest growth rates - Liberty Hill, Weston, Caddo Mills, Josephine, and Fulshear - were once sleepy outposts now experiencing encroachment of the state's longtime suburban sprawl. You, the lead demographer, said TDC hypothesizes movement from urban areas to less densely populated areas is caused by more affordable housing and the availability of remote work.

The center's report lists white Texans as the largest demographic group in the state, contrary to the U.S. Census' own population estimates updated earlier this year. Still, the two entities' estimates are within 1 percentage point of each other. The Census found that Hispanic people make up 40.2% of the population compared to white Texans who make up 39.8% of all residents. The Texas Center estimates that white people are 41% of the population compared to Hispanic people who make up 39.6% of all residents. Black people make up 11.9% of the population and Asian people constitute 5.2% of the state's residents, according to the TDC's estimates.

In three of the five most populous counties, Hispanic Texans do make up the largest population group, according to the TDC's estimates. In Bexar County, Hispanic Texans make up a full majority at 61%. In none of those five urban counties do white Texans make up a majority.

Meanwhile, a boom in the North Texas suburbs kept the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area at the top of the state's population centers, with an estimated 8 million residents as of January, according to the numbers which were first reported by The Dallas Morning News.

Texans chose to stay put along most of the southern border region, with Brownsville-Harlingen leading a slight uptick in residents in the Rio Grande Valley.

They moved away from the Gulf Region, however. The largest exodus came from Corpus Christi, with 3,659 people moving out of the Sparkling City by the Sea since 2020. The Beaumont-Port Arthur and Victoria areas also saw population declines. El Paso was a close second for that dubious honor, losing some 3,227 residents from 2020 to 2023. The largest percentage dip was in the tiny town of Toyah, which has lost 7 of its 61 residents since 2020.

Big jumps were seen in areas considered a suburban-rural mix, such as Aledo and Alvarado about 30 miles from Fort Worth. Liberty Hill, a far-flung Austin exurb between Georgetown and Burnet, saw the highest percentage growth of any city, with a 194% increase from 2020 to 2023. Fulshear, about 30 miles west of Houston, more than doubled its population, from about 17,000 in 2020 to almost 40,000 in January 2023.

The states sending the most households to Texas from 2020 to 2021 are California, Florida, Louisiana, New York, and Colorado, according to Texas 2036. In that time, California alone accounted for nearly 53,000 households moving to Texas. Californians also brought the most money as their adjusted gross income, totaling more than $7.2 billion, the agency said.

"People moving to Texas from out of state are richer, on average, than people who move within Texas," Texas 2036 data analyst Carlos Ignacio Navarro wrote.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone that moves here should get a handbook on how to live in Texas. Too many clueless people moving here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Texas!

Now go home.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The Texas Triangle.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We will be California soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
We need to seal the borders.

ALL of them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
We sold our home in north Collin County earlier this year to get away from the horrendous taxes and influx of Californians.  

A Californian bought our place.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CanaryCamaro] [#7]
We are going purple sooner rather than later.

Of the 16 houses on my street, 4 are owned by Californians who moved here recently.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
Welcome to Texas!

Now go home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
cheap (as of 2016-2020) new construction and the insatiable GOPe desire for "job creation" has been demographic suicide. the "job creation" has been mostly tech jobs bringing in communists from blue states. but the GOPe will continue cheering on our demise. i'm tired of that dumbass myth of "voters escaping from WA/OR/CA are conservative." get the fuck outta here with all that

Attachment Attached File

i'm expecting Frisco, Plano, Prosper, Haslet, N Ft Worth, and other nearby suburbs to look more blue after 2024
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Infamous:
cheap (as of 2016-2020) new construction and the insatiable GOPe desire for "job creation" has been demographic suicide. the "job creation" has been mostly tech jobs bringing in communists from blue states. but the GOPe will continue cheering on our demise. i'm tired of that dumbass myth of "voters escaping from WA/OR/CA are conservative." get the fuck outta here with all that

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/107571/Capture_JPG-3045007.JPG

i'm expecting Frisco, Plano, Prosper, Haslet, N Ft Worth, and other nearby suburbs to look more blue after 2024
View Quote

Remember the GOP are also a bunch of commies, just not as far left as the lefties.  

They want more taxes, more taxes, and more taxes.  Individual rights and freedom do not apply.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Remember the GOP are also a bunch of commies, just not as far left as the lefties.  

They want more taxes, more taxes, and more taxes.  Individual rights and freedom do not apply.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

agreed on all counts, especially regarding the country club GOPe faggots like phelan
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Look out Colorado!  Here we come!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

That blue ring around Denton is entirely UNT.  That faculty is redder than Lenin and the administrators are Stalin.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump to keep from archives

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
FWIW, the California refuges that come to Texas; that don't go to Austin, tend to be pretty conservative.  That's partly why they chose Texas.  Not saying it's great, I'd love if the population of the whole country were about half what it is now, including Texas.  But we're not quite getting overrun by leftist losers as bad as feared.  But yea, understood on the trend.  Rarely does a place grow and get more conservative at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
FWIW, the California refuges that come to Texas; that don't go to Austin, tend to be pretty conservative.  That's partly why they chose Texas.  Not saying it's great, I'd love if the population of the whole country were about half what it is now, including Texas.  But we're not quite getting overrun by leftist losers as bad as feared.  But yea, understood on the trend.  Rarely does a place grow and get more conservative at the same time.
View Quote

My across the street neighbors were from California and fled the state in the early 90's to come to Texas for the freedom.  I used to go shooting with Tim all the time.  He was so glad to be out of California restrictions & craziness.  They were both Gun Owning, BBQing, Hard Working, Church Going, Glad to Lend a Hand to Help Out sort of just wonderful folks.  Their Son & Daughter both went to TAMU and have gone on to each open successful businesses of their own in Texas.

We need more of THOSE type of California "refugees", not the ones coming because Facebook or some other Tech company is forcing them to transfer.

But the Reality is that more and more and more people are living in "The Big Cities" and the Big Cities in Texas are pretty sadly solid Blue Democrats.  

If the "trend" continues, it has major ramifications for Texas & America.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I know a guy that used to have a drone business in Kali. He lived on a ranch somewhere out there. He finally got tired of all the crap out there and moved to Seguin. We met up in San Antonio for some BBQ. He and his wife are very conservative folks which I think is the main reason he bailed from Kali. His (grown) kids are still out there and he worries about them.

While I'd like to think many of the "imports" from deep commie states are refugees seeking freedom, I don't think that is the majority of folks moving to the big cities here. Most of the freedom-seekers are looking for more rural places that aren't terribly far from cities but far enough out to not be impacted by their crime, crowds, etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Saws three Canadian license plates driving in Frisco yesterday;  BC, Alberta and Ontario.

Maybe they blew in with last weeks Arctic Blast.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
We will be purple before the end of the decade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
We will be purple before the end of the decade.
View Quote

Haven't we been purple for a while?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#21]
The states with the most population growth 2020 to 2023 are:
Texas
Florida
North Carolina
South Carolina

Top Texas Counties for largest numeric growth, 2021-2022:
Harris
Collin
Denton
Fort Bend
Bexar
Montgomery
Williamson
Tarrant
Travis

Hispanic or Latino make up the largest population of Texas 40.2 % White alone (non Hispanic) 39.8, Black or African American 13.4 %. Texas will be Purple in a very short period of time. And eventually turn Dumbocrap. The white population and conservatives will be pushed out in my opinion; and be marginalized.  You better  learn to speak Spanish. Texans have brought this on because of our great economy and welcoming big business from other states. If our cities continue to grow, we will have a Democrat for Governor. And more gun control legislation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartholomew_Roberts] [#22]
Well, people have been predicting Texas would turn purple for awhile now; but the Democrats held the state government from 1865-2000.  So, we'll see.  I will say a lot of the imports I meet here (import myself from Oklahoma) appreciate the extra freedom; but a lot of them have the "I like the low taxes, freedom, etc.; BUT...we should give the state more power in this way" mentality.

Which, we've already given the governor a lot of power that used to be local to counteract the blue cities.  If we ever lose that, the backlash is going to really be felt in rural red areas.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#23]
In my opinion Oklahoma and Kansas have less to worry abought than Texas. In regards to loosing your rights and having to deal with more crime and a growing illegal population.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
The states with the most population growth 2020 to 2023 are:
Texas
Florida
North Carolina
South Carolina

Top Texas Counties for largest numeric growth, 2021-2022:
Harris
Collin
Denton
Fort Bend
Bexar
Montgomery
Williamson
Tarrant
Travis

Hispanic or Latino make up the largest population of Texas 40.2 % White alone (non Hispanic) 39.8, Black or African American 13.4 %. Texas will be Purple in a very short period of time. And eventually turn Dumbocrap. The white population and conservatives will be pushed out in my opinion; and be marginalized.  You better  learn to speak Spanish. Texans have brought this on because of our great economy and welcoming big business from other states. If our cities continue to grow, we will have a Democrat for Governor. And more gun control legislation.
View Quote

I'll give a counter example to the notion that Hispanic/Latino populations vote overwhelmingly Dim. Take a look at Hudspeth County. It's a small, rural county but it's roughly 64% Hispanic/Latino and has a sizeable non-English-literate percentage. They have been trending GOP for decades now and in 2020 was 67%/32% GOP/Dim.

The notion that having a large Hispanic/Latino population is going to turn Texas blue is mistaken. Getting massive numbers of Dims from commie states will have far more of an impact than the Hispanic/Latino populations.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Dumbasscrats have been crying for years that despite the massive influx of people from the coasts Texas isn't turning blue as fast as they want.  One of the things they seem to get wrong is that a lot of the people who move here are not as liberal as they think they are.  The most liberal people from California and New York would never consider moving here.  Many of the people who are moving here are because they are too conservative for the coasts (if you're not left of Chairmain Mao, you're a MAGA according to most people out there).  Even those that arem't really conservative a lot of them are fed up with how things are in the blue states.  And a lot of them become more conservative once they get here.

So mass immigration of people from blue states is dangerous, it may take longer for Texas to turn purple than the lefties would like.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
Welcome to Texas!

Now go home.
View Quote

I moved here from the much freer state of NH in 2022 when I married a woman whose family has been here since 1890.  I’ll stay, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump for the HTFTX crew - going to be a factor in our State & National elections.

Bigger_Hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top