Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2024 12:12:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:16:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#1]
Wow. That's pretty bad.

The list of no-go places, a lot of those already have policies in place.

You cannot carry in a hospital. They have security and detectors in place, at least where I am at. You cannot carry in a mental health facility, the security wands you down before you even get through the door.

Unless you have a job to carry at a school, you definitely cannot. College campuses are different. But some have policies.

So what does this bill accomplish? Punishment for careless people who get caught carrying? A psychopathic killer isn't gonna give one fucking rip about a small dollar fine. Also, people who ignore it and carry anyways are, what, dissuaded to do so if they have to use their weapon? At that point, a minor fine is inconsequential anyways as well.

So all I can reason that this is/does, is punishment for careless people with good intentions and get caught, or punishment for people who are found to have a gun after they must present it and use it. Most everyone who legally carries understands the gravity of their decision, so a gun would only be presented/used in the most dire of situations. Therefore, it is a punishment for good people only (and possibly a minor deterrent).

What an immensely irresponsible and disingenuous bill. Punish good people. Geez.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The bill doesn’t stop there, however. It goes on to define what “sensitive spaces” in Colorado are, and prohibits the carrying of a gun either open or concealed. That list includes:

A public park or playground

A recreation facility or community center that is open to the public and is owned, operated or managed by a local government.

Property open to the public while a public gathering, assembly or special event is being conducted, which includes demonstrations, marches, rallies, vigils, protests, and picket lines, as well as the sidewalk or streets adjacent to the gathering

In a building or real property owned, leased, or operated by the state or a local government or on the adjacent grounds.

Rhodes said his group does plan to fight this bill should it ever get introduced, but he’s also concerned about nearly a dozen other bills that he is aware of that may be introduced.

Those include:

A second try at a ban on semi-automatic weapons.

A second try at a private property shooting ban.

A liability insurance requirement.

A church carry ban.

A further expansion of the so-called “red flag” law.

Requiring background checks and waiting periods on the purchase of ammunition, magazines, parts and accessories.

Requiring a permit to purchase and a limit of one gun purchase per month.

10-day waiting period.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrailFork] [#3]
n/m
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's another one.  Pet registration.  I'm thinking that this one won't go anywhere, but you never know.  It's another example of the rampant nanny mindset.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1163#:~:text=A%20pet%20animal%20owner%20must,designated%20caregiver%2C%20and%20%2425%20annually
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
Here's another one.  Pet registration.  I'm thinking that this one won't go anywhere, but you never know.  It's another example of the rampant nanny mindset.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1163#:~:text=A%20pet%20animal%20owner%20must,designated%20caregiver%2C%20and%20%2425%20annually
View Quote
Yeah they can suck a dick with that one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew they would eventually come after shops not enforcing the magazine ban
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Complete repair kits.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If SB131 passes, it will effectively end CCW in CO.  Which is the exact point of it.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By The_Fly:
If SB131 passes, it will effectively end CCW in CO.  Which is the exact point of it.  
View Quote

Blatantly unconsitutional per Bruen.  But the Dems don't care, they'll pass it anyway.  It'll take years to fight it in court, and in the meantime the law will stand.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
They want to start going after the "hi capacity" magazines and those that sell them now too.  Going to make the CBI the defacto gun enforcement gestapo and target gun shops in counties where sheriffs have said they won't enforce that.  Going to get sporty then.....

Didn't see in the article where there was any evidence showing that the mag ban has impacted anything.  

10 day waiting period???  

Guess its time to start buying anything that I had my eye recently and continue building the ammo fort.  This state is fooked.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 99superduty:
They want to start going after the "hi capacity" magazines and those that sell them now too.  Going to make the CBI the defacto gun enforcement gestapo and target gun shops in counties where sheriffs have said they won't enforce that.  Going to get sporty then.....

Didn't see in the article where there was any evidence showing that the mag ban has impacted anything.  

10 day waiting period???  

Guess its time to start buying anything that I had my eye recently and continue building the ammo fort.  This state is fooked.....
View Quote
Magazine parts kits are not illegal and not even mentioned in the 2013 bill. That's how you tell the Dems to suck a dick.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Magazine parts kits are not illegal and not even mentioned in the 2013 bill. That's how you tell the Dems to suck a dick.
View Quote

I tell them to suck a dick anyways...luckily I travel a fair bit for work....

They are going to close that "loophole" with one of these bills I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 99superduty:

I tell them to suck a dick anyways...
View Quote

Yeah but they're democrats, so they do that ANYway ... telling them to is like telling a normal person to breath
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#16]
The new code should be "nunya," but it's a 4-digit deal.

Cash is king.

This cleared the committee.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/proposed-bill-would-categorize-firearm-sales/
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Being a soon to be felon is oddly liberating.

In minecraft.

Or some such shit.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By denverdan:
Being a soon to be felon is oddly liberating.

In minecraft.

Or some such shit.

View Quote

Just identify as a "migrant."
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:57:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#19]
More nonsense rationalized with lies. Ban on sport utility rifles and .50 cals.  They must want to do something else afterwards.

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2024A/bills/2024a_1292_01.pdf
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#20]
More nonsense rationalized with lies. Ban on sport utility rifles and.50 cals.  They must want to do something else afterwards.

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2024A/bills/2024a_1292_01.pdf
View Quote
Motherfuckers
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#21]
There is language in this about possession of parts that could be assembled into an AW.

Coupled with the expansion of powers they're trying to ram thru for the CBI, they might really be trying to get this passed this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
There is language in this about possession of parts that could be assembled into an AW.

Coupled with the expansion of powers they're trying to ram thru for the CBI, they might really be trying to get this passed this year.
View Quote
Good fucking luck with that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

View Quote
And the CBI thing will most certainly to court. The age limit got found unconstitutional and they still can't enforce it.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]
That's really odd- with over 2000 opioid related deaths in the last 2 years, 40,000+ illegal immigrants and over 10,000 homeless (in Denver alone) it seems to me they should be focusing on other priorities.
Perhaps they really are not working in OUR best interests.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Good Breakdown Video On HB 24-1292

Meet Colorado's New Assault Weapon Ban. And Why You Better Stock Up Now
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By hockeysew:
That's really odd- with over 2000 opioid related deaths in the last 2 years, 40,000+ illegal immigrants and over 10,000 homeless (in Denver alone) it seems to me they should be focusing on other priorities.
Perhaps they really are not working in OUR best interests.
View Quote

Oh you silly goose you. Of course they know what’s best for us.

All hail the mighty all knowing government.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Requiring insurers to provide firearms liability insurance and firearms owners to have it.

These rodents spend their time thinking of different ways to control others into Utopia.  

https://denvergazette.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-colorado-lawmakers-eye-a-backdoor-gun-tax/article_f19d0a4b-2aab-59f8-86b1-94678ca41359.html

Link to summary, which contains link to actual bill.

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb24-1270
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:College campuses are different. But some have policies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pestilence12:College campuses are different. But some have policies.

Oddly enough, the one with the gold domed building is one of the best in the state in that regard

Requiring insurers to provide firearms liability insurance and firearms owners to have it.

All while calling companies like USCCA "murder insurance"
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#30]

These rodents spend their time thinking of different ways to control others into Utopia.  

https://denvergazette.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-colorado-lawmakers-eye-a-backdoor-gun-tax/article_f19d0a4b-2aab-59f8-86b1-94678ca41359.html

View Quote

Requiring people to pay for insurance to exercise their right to firearm ownership?  That's no different than a poll tax.  There's no way that can be constitutional.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

Requiring people to pay for insurance to exercise their right to firearm ownership?  That's no different than a poll tax.  There's no way that can be constitutional.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

The same can be said for having to pay for a (redundant) background check and that poll tax has been in place for over a decade.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#32]
HB24-1270: This measure would require all gun owners to maintain liability insurance, further increasing the unconstitutional financial burden of exercising our Second Amendment rights. It is scheduled for a House Business Affairs & Labor Committee hearing on March 14th at 1:30 pm.

I was going through the list to submit testimony and for some reason it's not there.

Can anyone double check for me?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Colorado Assault Weapons Ban 2024 - Rally Call!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By hockeysew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77c6q1WjwRY
View Quote
1) and 2) S&W M&P9 Shield EZ and Sig P365 (tied for most popular)

3) S&W M&P380 Shield EZ

4) Glock 19

5) Springfield Hellcat

6) S&W M&P Shield

7) Glock 43X

8) Glock 43

9) Rugur SR22 (the only gun on the list not directly banned by this bill)

10) Kimber Micro 9

11) Sig P238

The Rugur SR22, the only gun on this list that wouldn't be subject to Colorado's "Assault Weapons Ban," is also the only gun on this list not recommended by Well Armed Women for self-defense. Why? Because a .22 caliber weapon is considered inadequate when confronted with a threat to life.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#35]
The CSSA (of which I'm a member) should be embarrassed for misspelling "Ruger" twice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I posted in the other thread, too.

I just heard on the radio that the credit card coding is heading to Polis' desk.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#38]
The CSSA (of which I'm a member) should be embarrassed for misspelling "Ruger" twice.
View Quote

TBH alot of their "hot takes" also sound like bullshit. Also a member and the laws suck, but don't make shit up about them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#39]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

TBH alot of their "hot takes" also sound like bullshit. Also a member and the laws suck, but don't make shit up about them.
View All Quotes

@Harlikwin

I'm not clear on your post.  Did you suggest that I made up shit about the CSSA?  They did misspell "Ruger" as "Rugur."  I read it on their site and another member cut and paste it above.  They may have since fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#40]

@Harlikwin

I'm not clear on your post.  Did you suggest that I made up shit about the CSSA?  They did misspell "Ruger" as "Rugur."  I read it on their site and another member cut and paste it above.  They may have since fixed it.
View Quote

Not at all. I'm just saying they were scaremongering about the bills.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Not at all. I'm just saying they were scaremongering about the bills.
View Quote

Gotcha and I agree.  They made it sound like you wouldn't be able to keep what you have.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Gotcha and I agree.  They made it sound like you wouldn't be able to keep what you have.
View Quote

They could still amend it to do that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#43]

They could still amend it to do that.
View Quote

They better send bachelors if they do
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Our (not) "libertarian" governor just signed this bill which robbed landlords of their property rights.

https://www.cpr.org/2024/04/19/for-cause-evictions-bill-signed-colorado-landlords-have-to-offer-lease-extensions/
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I bet rents sky rocket as a result of more communist interference.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By The_Fly:
I bet rents sky rocket as a result of more communist interference.

View Quote

Could also increase inventory, dropping home prices a bit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Today, HB24-1292, the so-called 'Assault Weapons Ban,' was assigned to the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee.

The Democrats hold a 3-2 vote advantage, and flipping just ONE vote will kill this bill. One of the Senators on the Committee is radical anti-gun Senator Tom Sullivan! Contact your Senator and DEMAND that they vote no on HB24-1292.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Today, HB24-1292, the so-called 'Assault Weapons Ban,' was assigned to the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee.

The Democrats hold a 3-2 vote advantage, and flipping just ONE vote will kill this bill. One of the Senators on the Committee is radical anti-gun Senator Tom Sullivan! Contact your Senator and DEMAND that they vote no on HB24-1292.
View Quote

Who are the 3 dems on the committee and which one is the best bet to flip.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Who are the 3 dems on the committee and which one is the best bet to flip.
View Quote
Focus on everyone!!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah I posted all the emails in the other thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top