Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2022 6:25:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BeNotAfraid]

Paul Weston - Canadian Truckers Liberate Ottawa, Trudeau Flees.

The Revolution Has Begun
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The trucker protest is making a difference.  Cracks are appearing in the Government's position:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-more-sustainable-covid-response-1.6339609  

Speaking to reporters at the weekly public health briefing, Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam said all existing public health policies, including provincial vaccine passports, need to be "re-examined" in the coming weeks — because it's clear now that Canada and the rest of the world will be grappling with this virus for months or years to com
View Quote
e.

Together, she said, these agencies will review the current "suite of measures," including severe border restrictions and travel limitations.

"I think the whole concept is, we do need to get back to some normalcy," Tam said.

She said Canada's efforts should be focused on preventing severe cases of COVID through vaccinations rather than stopping all new infections of a highly transmissible virus.
View Quote

I see somebody leaning towards crying Uncle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You are right, she is in CYA mode.  Unfortunately, the part-time Blackface Drama Teacher won't budge.  He still believes in his own greatness.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny, the Drama Teacher calls the Truckers terrorists, insurrections etc while he says he won't give into their demands.  Meanwhile Alberta just became a free Country by dropping all Covid restrictions with Saskatchewan and Manitoba following soon afterward.  Quebec will be taking steps to drop the Vaccine Passports, the mask mandates and create a timeline to end capacity limits.  Funny how the science all of the sudden just changed in the matter of a week.  Of course it could be that the Trucker's Protest finally shook the Provinces hard enough to realize they needed to give in while saving face by calling it the changing science.  Too bad Ford couldn't grow a pair and do the same thing.  I doubt the ardent Communist, Horgan in British Columbia will see the light anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Striker:
Canada has never seen a protest like this in my lifetime and that shit pump in the prime minister's office finally did something good for the country..he got the voters pissed off enough to rise up.
View Quote

Growing up in Vancouver, BC, I saw my share of protests.  In the looney lower Mainland and Southern Vancouver Island, protests can be a daily occurrence for almost anything.  I remember there once was a protest in Downtown Vancouver because the price of a First class stamp went up for a nickel.  But that being said, the protests in Ottawa, the bridge in Windsor and Sothern Alberta show that people have had enough.  With a Quebec City Liberal MP speaking out against Trudeau's devise language, I am beginning to wonder if the Federal Liberal caucus is starting to fracture.  Maybe Junior will take a walk in the snow like dad and leave politics for good.  Let's just hope the Conservatives can get a good leader in time to win the early election that is going to happen when Trudeau's grand coalition with the NDP collapses.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Canada has never seen a protest like this in my lifetime and that shit pump in the prime minister's office finally did something good for the country..he got the voters pissed off enough to rise up.
View Quote

I ain't Canadian, I'm from Michigan. I grew up with your TV, lore, music, and beer.  Spent plenty of time visiting, enough to know it takes a LOT to piss off a Canadian and whoever pissed off so many of them should be pretty damned scared right now.

Link Posted: 2/13/2022 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Charter of Rights signer from 40 years ago:

YOU COUNT!

YOUR RIGHTS AS A CANADIAN
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#12]
National Post reports that a recently conducted poll reports only 18% voters would reelect Trudeau after the debacle in the Ottawa and the Ambassador Bridge.  Canadians overwhelmingly blame Trudeau for enflaming the situation in Ottawa.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
unreal..a protest turns everyone against him but giving money away like a drunken sailor, attempting to interfere in a criminal investigation, found guilty of code of ethics violations 3 times and the sheep went "meh".
View Quote

The reason people are up in arms is because, according my relatives in Southern Ontario, the price of a loaf of bread and other staples has gone up dramatically.  In parts of Toronto it is approaching $8 CAD.  The car plants and other heavily unionized industries are laying off people in the droves due to the lack of parts.  All of the sudden, the protests are having an effect.  The 905 around Toronto is feeling the pinch.  Its always down to simple economics.  The rest of the time, Trudeau can do whatever he wants while supported by that Communist Jagmeet Singh.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top