Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2024 10:13:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beef__Supreme]
I posted about it before and decided to just make a thread and post updates instead of making a new thread for every episode.

This is a Montana podcast that focuses on local residents and local politics.  I have had a few interviews so far, and I will continue to make interview show with no limit on the topics.  There will also be regular episodes covering Montana politics.

If you have any suggestions for topics or interviews reach out to me on here or at [email protected].   I am also grudgingly on social media (FB and X) as I try to get this show off of the ground.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the pleasure to interview Angie, a Billing resident since 1939.  I never knew there were POW camps in Billings.

STS #4 Looking back on Billings
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was able to score an interview with Joel Wise, who is the Team Lead for the Montana Chapter of The Fallen Outdoors.  In brief, his group does hunts and fishing trips for all Veterans.  This is a nation-wide group, so it's not just for Montana.  I am not affiliated with the group but I enjoyed talking to Joel and (if I ever get the time) may join the group just to help out.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I am late posting it on here, but my last episode is about the mid-late 70s Muscle Car scene in Billings.  The guest I had one lived it; I wish I was around in the days of cheap muscle.

STS #7 Looking Back on Billings part 2
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I dived into Montana's property taxes and put this together to get people up to speed on what happened to our taxes last year.  I went over 5 failed bills that never made it out of the legislature which would've addressed the tax hikes.

STS #8 Montana Property Taxes
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Listened to the property tax episode last night.

Appreciate the info.  Frustrating to hear about what could have been.  The realtors are afraid people will look at their house as a home and not an investment to be flipped whenever profitable.

You don’t get to eat your cake and have it too.

I would much rather be ‘stuck’ in my house, married to a low tax rate; as opposed to taxed out of my house.  I owe about 230k…market value right now is probably around 8-850k.  My last assessment was 460k.

We all need to exert maximum pressure on our congress critters.

Prorate to 2019 tax levels (for all those that apply), and cap the per annum increase.

We need some form of sales tax to capitalize on the tourism.  I know it’s not popular, but without industry extracting resource, the sales tax matches our economy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
As much as I don't like the sky rocketing property taxes I cannot in good conscience support a sales tax, because I know once we start down that road it will never end. I have seen it to many times in other states.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The best answer would be to shrink the government and the spending

I have never seen that happen

The dphhs budget is full of interesting programs….
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcope:

The only way I'd support a sales tax is if Montanans are exempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wolfdentd:
As much as I don't like the sky rocketing property taxes I cannot in good conscience support a sales tax, because I know once we start down that road it will never end. I have seen it to many times in other states.

Originally Posted By KnightSchneider:
I know it’s not popular, but without industry extracting resource, the sales tax matches our economy.

The only way I would support it is if it replaced ALL other state taxes,including the property and income tax,and it was permanently capped so it could never be raised by a future administration.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

The only way I would support it is if it replaced ALL other state taxes,including the property and income tax,and it was permanently capped so it could never be raised by a future administration.
View Quote

We all know that wouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I really do appreciate everyone who listened to this.  I haven't explained this on my show, partly because I want to keep as private as I can on the internet.  That's also why I'm not doing a video podcast like so many others.  This show was an idea I had when I was going to be fired from my job over the mandate crap back in 21-22.  Despite being a Montana resident I still was going to get canned.  So, I decided I could try this out.  I ended up keeping my job, but I don't want to get caught with my pants down again, so I need to have some side job/project that could be turned into some possible income if needed.

I've found that I don't mind making the episodes, but promoting them sucks, and frankly I suck at that too.  Still, there is a lot of info that I know needs to be made public so we can keep Montana going in the right direction vs the rest of the country.  

I was going to start doing this show weekly to cover MT stories, but a related side project IS taking off and will generate some income, so my focus is split.  Also I have a very young family that is a priority over all of this.  I'm keeping the podcast, but I won't be making them as frequently as planned.   However, I will make episodes monthly at a minimum.  

If any of you have any topics I should look into, or want to be ON the show to go over something, let me know.  I can interview over the phone if you live too far from my "studio".
I'm working on another one now that will be out this week.  Hope everyone had a happy Easter.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wolfdentd:

I know it’s not popular, but without industry extracting resource, the sales tax matches our economy.

Resident exempt sales tax could be alright
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#13]
The best answer would be to shrink the government and the spending

I have never seen that happen

The dphhs budget is full of interesting programs….
View Quote

I'm about in the same boat as you house wise, but I owe 100k more.  Do tell about the dphhs programs...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Here’s the latest episode covering the Montana Supreme Court’s recent ruling on 2021 election laws.  There a quite a few born-and raised Montanans that are actively trying to destroy this state and make this yet another crappy psedo-commie state.  Our legislature tries to fight against voter fraud, which is what the people of the state want, just to be overturned my leftist activists that are stinking up the bench.
STS #9 Stench from the Bench - Montana Supreme Court election ruling
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]
The HB2 funding bill

DPHHS 2023 annual report

They have a large budget.

If you wonder who is paying for rainbow billboards and office space for a lot nonprofits that help ‘marginalized’ groups, you will likely find your answers in a few google searches
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Glacier queer alliance tax docs

I drove past their adopted highway so I figured I’d take a look.  All but $200 of their annual funding is from public money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#17]
KnightSchneider,

Thanks for the info; I see a tranny billboard in Helena regularly and I was planning to do an episode on who is funding it.  I know there is a lot of out-of-state money that tries to sway MT politics, but my state taxes paying for this crap, well, displeases me greatly.  And today I got another "newspaper" in the mail for the second time.  Some new rag "the Montana independent" which at the surface looks like a Tester propaganda piece that I'll look into more.  So much garbage out there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I just published one titled "Dirty Money and Propaganda" pertaining to this state.  A couple of you on here sent me some links and info; I really do appreciate it and I tried to go over some of that material.  There's some election news pertaining to the US senate race and the finances with that.  I don't think this is really groundbreaking stuff, but I hope laying out this information in a podcast format helps reach more people in the state.
STS #10 Dirty Money and Propaganda
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top