Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2024 5:40:15 PM EDT
Hey guys, taking my wife and kids on a mini road trip to mall of America.  Was hoping there was anything worth seeing along the way .   Gonna be traveling through most of Wisconsin and I'll probably have to post this also in the Wisconsin forums.    Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are coming across on I-90, I'd recommend stopping in the LaCrosse area (right on the MN/WI border).  Beautiful country with bluffs and rivers, it looks totally different from the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:
Hey guys, taking my wife and kids on a mini road trip to mall of America.  Was hoping there was anything worth seeing along the way .   Gonna be traveling through most of Wisconsin and I'll probably have to post this also in the Wisconsin forums.    Thanks!
View Quote

Go see The House on the Rock in Green Spring, Wisconsin! I don't know if it's directly in your path, but trust me, it's well worth the detour!!! This is a pretty epic house, your whole family will love visiting it! I haven't been there since I was a little kid, but I'd really like to take my wife there to see it sometime soon. One way or another, include this stop on your trip, it will probably end up being your favorite part of the trip!

https://www.thehouseontherock.com/

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobP] [#3]
If you are taking I90 into MN, and have time to allow a slower drive, just after crossing into Minnesota, take the Winona exit north.
You'll hit a lot of small towns along the Mississippi, very nice drive. You'll see a lot of eagles along the way. You'll go through Wabasha, home of Grumpy Old Men.

The next option would be the Rochester exit off I90.

If you plan on taking interstate all the way, you'll go to Albert Lea on I90, then I35 north. It's OK if you like looking at fields.

ETA:
Coming from IL, you could just take 94 the entire way and I'll leave it to the Wisconsin members to chime in for sites along the way.

Are you interested in site seeing in the Twin Cities? Fort Snelling is near the airport, the State Capitol is a side trip.
When in the Mall, you need to find home plate from the old Met stadium, at least I think it's still there, I haven't been to MOA in probably 15 years.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Too bad you are traveling during the fall.  The drive along the Mississippi river is beautiful.  The colors around Lake Pepin are awesome!  
Or in the summer when there are sailing boats out on sunny day!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobP] [#5]
I forgot to add this link to my earlier post. Wabasha has an eagle sanctuary. You can park along a road and watch the eagles, dozens of them. One time I parked my van near a tree, and an eagle landed in it, not 5 feet from me.

eagle sanctuary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top