Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2023 3:10:17 PM EDT
How is it flying in and out with firearms?  

I know there is no CCW reciprocity, but will be bringing some pews for shooting on private property.

YES, they will be locked separate from ammo in a hard sided case.

Additionally, why kinda blade laws we looking at?  Fixed ok? Auto's?

Help a brother out.

Thanks,

DD
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Aloha,

Yeah, most folks are out enjoying the islands instead of internetz.

Depends on which island you are going to and how long you are staying.

Kauai is very gun friendly to a point.  The hippies despise guns and some AirBnB will evict a person over guns I am told.

Ammo is stupid expensive and reloading is difficult as all hell on Kauai.

BRING AMMO WITH YOU IF YOU CAN.  At least SOME.

Knives: no autos, no double blades and some areas will prohibit anything that looks like a knife with a pocket clip semi-hidden.

Kauai on the West side is very hunter friendly & ag country.  Lots of open carry sheathed knives.  But the locals are also KNOWN.

Good luck.

~Will
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot some USPSA matches on the mainland and flying back and forth hasn't been a problem, just follow the airline's rules.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Aren't you required to register your guns even if you're just visiting?
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a fantastic time with the family on O'ahu.....

Flew direct to Honolulu, no problems claiming and then re-checking self defense items upon departure.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0627Devildog:
Had a fantastic time with the family on O'ahu.....

Flew direct to Honolulu, no problems claiming and then re-checking self defense items upon departure.

View Quote

Glad it worked out for you.  I never had a problem flying into or out of state with firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top