Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2024 6:28:57 PM EDT
Now that we know the approximate numbers.  Basically 1% complied and 99% stood strong……do any of you 1% people regret registering?  

I ran into a few people in a liberal blue county in downstate Illinois.   Family type event.   Talked to a a doctor   A surgical nurse.   Others.  We talked guns and eveyone was passionate about the topic.  Kinda surprised me.  Everyone said they didn’t register.  

It would be interesting if the registry was more even like 60/40 or 50/50.  

But 99/1.   Those that registered …….are you regretting it? Are you worried about the state knowing what you have or hackers getting into the ISP database?  
Lastly? Are you ashamed you were such a minority that literally 99% did the opposite of you?

Genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Afaik that 1% is even misleading because FFLs had to register their banned inventory - no way in hell they weren't going to comply.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
may their chains rest lightly
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IceChimp:
Afaik that 1% is even misleading because FFLs had to register their banned inventory - no way in hell they weren't going to comply.
View Quote

This can’t be true. Can any FFL weigh in?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a video that suggested many of the registered items were likely NFA items already registered with BATFE. Thus keeping NFA compliance
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

I could be wrong on that, it's based of a random post I read a while back on Illinois carry, but I don't really know a lot about the "who what applies to" section of the law since I was never in a preferred class of citizen I just know it applies to me (not that you'll find my name on that registry, lol).
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
From the ISP FAQ's:

Nothing in PICA prohibits an FFL from manufacturing, purchasing, or possessing PICA regulated items for the purpose of selling or transferring to persons specifically exempt pursuant to Section 24-1.9(e)(1-7) of the Illinois Criminal Code of 2012, the United States or any department or agency thereof, or for export to another state.
View Quote

Federal Firearms Licensees doing business as a sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, or limited liability corporation, that own items subject to the endorsement affidavit provisions of PICA do not need to complete endorsement affidavits for the inventory of their businesses. However, Federal Firearms Licensees, must comply with the endorsement affidavit provisions of PICA for their personal possessions unless the person is eligible for another exemption.
View Quote

Yes. FFLs can still transfer regulated firearms to out-of-state FFLs.
View Quote

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:51:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SIGFORALL] [#7]
If you use your now banned weapons I would say its worth it.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SIGFORALL:
If you use your now banned weapons I would say its worth it.

View Quote

99/1

For once, I’m glad I’m not black sheep and lone wolf.  I hold my head up high being in the 99%  and I’ll use my guns without apology or fear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Pritzker says Illinois will 'work through' gun ban registration 'challenges' in weeks ahead

Gaad, I wish someone would wipe that condescending smirk off of his face....like maybe SCOTUS overturning PIKA.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
"I’ll use my guns without apology or fear."

Would you be comfortable using a pistol gripped shotgun turkey hunting or coyote hunting with an AR on public ground?

Or shooting dozens of three gun events in state?

This swayed my decision. And the expense of litigation if pinched.

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:19:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HerculesMulligan] [#11]
Originally Posted By SIGFORALL:
"I’ll use my guns without apology or fear."

Would you be comfortable using a pistol gripped shotgun turkey hunting or coyote hunting with an AR on public ground?

Or shooting dozens of three gun events in state?

This swayed my decision. And the expense of litigation if pinched.

View Quote

That’s a poor comparison to justify your super minority stance on registering your guns.   Btw.  A hacker just hacked into 200 law enforcement agencies database and released sensitive information.  

99 out of 100 people disagrees with you sir.  Good luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/just-how-low-is-compliance-with-the-awb-registry

How Many "Assault Weapon" Owners Live in Illinois?
Some Facts and Data:

There are 2.4 million FOID holders in Illinois.  This is a reasonable proxy for number of gun owners.
Surveys of gun owners conducted by the Washington Post last year estimated 20% of gun owners own an AR-15 style rifle (The WaPo article is behind a paywall. Click here if the link above doesn't work.)  Other studies indicate as many as 30% of gun owners have an AR-15 style rifle.
There is no reason to presume that the Illinois rates of AR-15 ownership differ from the national averages.
20% of 2.4 million people is approximately 500,000 AR-15 owners.
The Illinois State Police (ISP) received affidavits for their registry from 29,357 individuals. (the ISP reportedly said there are more to be processed, but as of this writing, the totals have not changed)
That math works out to an estimated 5.9% Compliance

But Wait: The Real Compliance Rate is Lower!
That Washington Post study examined only AR-15 rifles.  Sponsors of and advocates for this bill have bragged about how broad it is. So beyond the 500,000 AR-15 rifle owners in Illinois, other effected owners include those that have:
AR Pistols
AK-47 rifles and pistols
Half the catalog of Ruger 10/22 rifles (there have been 7 million 10/22's made)
Many shotguns
Pistols with threaded barrels
Some of the 30,000 NFA items in Illinois not owned by law enforcement or FFL's.
At Maxon, we used sell approximately 5 AR style rifles for each AK patterned rifle, so add another 100,000 to the list of banned rifle owners.

We're now at 600,000 owners.

Let's say that with the other banned guns, that adds another 20% to the AR owning count.

We're now at 700,000 owners.

That is an estimated 4.2% Compliance.
View Quote

VooDoo

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]

So do form1 sbrs have to be registered?

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jntmjt1] [#14]
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

So do form1 sbrs have to be registered?

View Quote

Based on these SBR examples below from the ISP's list of assault weapons (and I can't find any mention of an exemption of any type), NFA firearms require state registration:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
This might not be 100% correct so please correct me if I’m wrong, and do your own homework if this applies to you, but my understanding is that if you reconfigure an SBR into a Title I (non-NFA) configuration (put a 16” or longer barrel on it), it is no longer regulated by the NFA and it legally becomes a “regular” Title I gun.  So if you have an SBR and you don’t want to register it, you could reconfigure it and move it out of state without running afoul of the NFA.  It is not required to notify the ATF of this change, although they “highly recommends” that you to do so.  

I *think* this is accurate information and a viable option for those with SBRs in Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oakerk79] [#16]
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:
This might not be 100% correct so please correct me if I’m wrong, and do your own homework if this applies to you, but my understanding is that if you reconfigure an SBR into a Title I (non-NFA) configuration (put a 16” or longer barrel on it), it is no longer regulated by the NFA and it legally becomes a “regular” Title I gun.  So if you have an SBR and you don’t want to register it, you could reconfigure it and move it out of state without running afoul of the NFA.  It is not required to notify the ATF of this change, although they “highly recommends” that you to do so.  

I *think* this is accurate information and a viable option for those with SBRs in Illinois.
View Quote

That is correct. The ATF only cares about it if it's in the title 2 configuration. If you change it to a title 1 configuration like putting a 16" upper on it or removing the stock, you can do whatever you want with it without notifying the ATF............including selling it. That's right, if you change it back to a title 1 configuration you can even sell it without notifying them. This has been discussed in great detail in the SBR section of the armory.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#17]
Illinois, What in the World Are You Doing?

January 1, 2024 - January 16, 2024

Number of Individuals Completing an Affidavit: 5,867
Total Affidavits: 18,532
Firearms Affidavits: 11,161
Accessory Affidavits: 7,277
Ammunition Affidavits: 94
View Quote

I think Mr. Kirk is absolutely correct. If/when they start confiscation in Illinois the first people on the list will be those who register - particularly those who registered after the dead line. It's one of the reasons I moved my stuff out of State and didn't have to register. Luckily, I had the opportunity to do that. I feel bad for the folks who registered 'cause they had no choice. But if you are one of the folks who didn't get registered before January 1st *DON'T* do it now.

Just don't do it - I'd sell them out of State before I'd register at this time.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I was wondering how many SBR there are in Illinois? There would have been no way around not registering them unless moved out of state.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ivan1] [#19]
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wbPf6VDlI

I think Mr. Kirk is absolutely correct. If/when they start confiscation in Illinois the first people on the list will be those who register - particularly those who registered after the dead line. It's one of the reasons I moved my stuff out of State and didn't have to register. Luckily, I had the opportunity to do that. I feel bad for the folks who registered 'cause they had no choice. But if you are one of the folks who didn't get registered before January 1st *DON'T* do it now.

Just don't do it - I'd sell them out of State before I'd register at this time.

VooDoo
View Quote

People think they won’t go after all the ones they can. They laid the groundwork years ago to search ffl’s. They can go thru ffl’s 4473’s. If they decide to confiscate, noone is safe unless you bought something FTF before their “universal background check” law.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

People think they won’t go after all the ones they can. They laid the groundwork years ago to search ffl’s. They can go thru ffl’s 4473’s. If they decide to confiscate, noone is safe unless you bought something FTF before their “universal background check” law.
View Quote

Or unless your banned weapons are out of state/not in your possession. They can come kick the door in and shoot my dog and search every nook and cranny but there's nothing here to find. I am "dis possessed" of any items they want. That said, it's interesting that so many folks think that the ISP and ATF have no "list" of who has what. Statistically something like 50% of the FFL's have gone belly up since 2019 with Illinois' draconian laws for gun store owners. That's an awful lot of 4473's that went directly to the ATF and were scanned and compiled into lists shared with ISP.

They know what there is out there and they know who purchased and had it transferred to them.Will this lead to confiscation? Who knows but the longer this goes on the more cocky shit for brains Pritzker becomes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top