Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2024 2:42:32 PM EDT
So a few minutes ago I was stuffing my face with McDonald's after a long morning of soccer games. Look back and an state trooper is lighting me up and says that I was on my phone. I wasn't. It was food.

Is there a point to fighting the texting while driving ticket Im now holding? Obviously he has no proof but im not sure how much that matters honestly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes I would fight it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Time stamps will show your texts vs traffic stop
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Topper1:
Time stamps will show your texts vs traffic stop
View Quote

Looking at the code it says that I had a device in my hand. So it's not specific to texting like is printed as the reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Received a similar ticket a few years ago and lost the fight. Judge just didn't want to hear anything, OSHP is a god in their eyes. Sorry.

I had the Siruis XM channel guide in my hand and the trooper thought it was a phone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BeNotAfraid] [#5]
OSHP is a god in their eyes. Sorry.
View Quote

^^^what he said...

you're fighting Leviathan

OSHP in the Judge's Court weekly

you...a one-timer

(Trooper prolly had a quota to meet...)

sorry

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad today wasn't the day you forgot your phone at home

Also too bad we let them make phone a primary offense. Reminder to contact the critters this week

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm seriously considering setting up a gopro to show me  holding something that resembles a phone and seeing if I can get pulled over to show as evidence that they make mistakes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Another interesting aspect of this is the area that he was hiding I knew they were at. When I went by on the way to soccer they were there so I texted my wife (who was coming later) to watch out when I got to the field.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If only they would be held to the same standards... LEOs are constantly on their phones while driving...

Rules for thee, not for me...

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak] [#10]
A few months ago I got a ticket. I was absolutely, positively guilty AF. In fact, what I actually did was far worse than the offence I was ticketed for. lane violation in a construction zone. I had a good story though.

I used Off The Record. Handy link to Off The Record legal service

I paid a fee up front. The deal is if they don't beat the ticket, they refund the fee.

They hooked me up with a lawyer who tried to get the charges dropped. No luck. I went to court. The lawyer showed up to represent me. The cop showed up but the other drived did not.

The DA dropped the charges.

Maybe because I had a lawyer. Maybe because I am an old guy and showed up wearing a suit. Maybe because the other driver didn't show. Maybe because the county was counting on me mailing in a check instead of showing up, in a suit, with a lawyer. Don't know but it was well worth it.

They are a club, the DA and judge are attorneys. If you show up without a lawyer they see it as disrespecting their club.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top