Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2023 3:04:53 PM EDT
I’m in NC. I have a friend near Muskegon that I’d like to send a S&W revolver.

She’s a breast cancer survivor. I adopted her dogs when she was still very sick and struggling in Florida. We’ve stayed in touch. Turns out she grew up shooting but no longer has the gear. I’d like to help with that.

I sent a note to Port City Pistol. I’m hoping they can help, but I’d like to have a backup plan just in case.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with gun stores in that areas.
As far as shipping, check with the dealer on if they accept transfers from individuals or not.

I recently did this, I was the recipient. Buddy shipped me a rifle. My dealer wanted me to fill out a form online first. He then tried shipping it himself, but wound up using his local gun dealer to ship. He had to include certain information in the box for the receiving dealer to accept it.

Make sure all the steps the dealer you are shipping to are followed.

Next, if she doesn't have a CPL then she'll need a purchase permit. I haven't done that in 17 years so I'm no help with how to do that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you all for the information.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are still looking I use Gary's Guns Emporium (not Gary's Guns...he's a dick). IM me if you are and I will give you his cell number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top