Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2022 9:08:09 PM EDT
Like the title says, do any of our members work for ultimate ammunition in Las Vegas, or know anyone who does? I’ve been trying to find employment in the firearms industry here, and haven’t had much luck with anywhere . I’ve applied to every company I could find in the area, and have an interview with ultimate ammunition coming up. Any insite or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You DO NOT want to work for those guys.

The CEO is a narcissistic prick.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]
New frontier armory hires quite often.

What are you looking to do in the gun world?
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I think my coworkers son worked there for a while. I will ask him about it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I am open to pretty much anything at this point. My background is in engineering, specifically manufacturing. But there are not many engineering jobs in Vegas, and I want to work in the firearms industry, so I figured now is a good time to make a switch.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to my co-worked and his kid didn't work there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know where gunmonkey works? I know he left NFA to work for some ammunition company.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#7]
@Xela - Sent you a PM
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Onlyfans now
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crapshoot:
Anyone know where gunmonkey works? I know he left NFA to work for some ammunition company.
View Quote

Catch him on Onlyfans
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Well sorry for the late follow up, but here is what happened to me. After an informal interview with them in early January, they said they needed a manufacturing engineer or two to help with the facility expansion, but were going to wait until after SHOT show to officially open the position, and to actually officially interview candidates, as I was the only person that had spoke to them regarding a position. I actively reached out to them asking if they had any open positions, and they gave me a tour, met the team, and an informal interview.

They never reached back out to me, they never officially posted the job openings either, and also exited the civilian ammo market in April 2023 to focus on military and Leo contracts. I haven’t heard anything from them since. But I have been seeing their ammo for sale at local gun shops now, as well as still for sale on their website as well, so it looks like they are selling civilian ammo again I guess?

On another note, I also applied for an engineering job at Arsenal Inc, and has a somewhat similar experience. I did the interview, was given a verbal offer, then went through the background check and drug screen. After I did all of that, I was informed that the position was closed due to budgetary constraints, and would possibly be reopened later if the budget was there. A few months passed by, and I saw the opening back up and reapplied for it. They contacted me to do an interview again, but I decided against it due to the lack of stability I sensed with the company, as well as the previous offer being $30,000/yr less than I am currently making.

I may revisit both of these companies in the future, as I still would like a job in the firearms industry. But I’m not willing to leave my current position for something that seems so unstable, and with poor benefits, as well as a $30,000 paycut, before factoring in bonuses, PTO, vacation etc. I would be losing at least $42,000/yr in salary/bonus alone, as well as several weeks of vacation and PTO, so it would be quite a noticeable hit in compensation and benefits.

But if anyone knows of another firearms/ammunition/armor company in the area that is looking for an engineer, and the pay/benefits are decent, I would very much like to transition my career into that field.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Xela] [#11]
Sorry, accidentally double tapped my response.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 07yzryder:
New frontier armory hires quite often.

What are you looking to do in the gun world?
View Quote

My background is in manufacturing/industrial/production engineering. I’ve worked in the automotive, commercial vehicle, green energy and aviation industries. Some of them smaller companies, and some fortune 50 companies. I’ve worked in small plants in the middle of nowhere NC with no heat/AC, up to massive 700+ acre facilities for building commercial aircraft that was climate controlled/clean room environments.

I would like a position as a manufacturing or design engineer ideally, but am open to other positions as I’m a fast learner and have a pretty wide skill set outside of just the standard engineering skill set.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do you want to work in the gun industry so badly?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just going off what I've heard from others in the industry I am guessing you will have trouble finding anything that pays well. I know that jobs exist but they really seem to be few and far between. I think it will be even more difficult to find what you want in the Vegas area. Some of the up and coming companies building new facilities or recently adding things they do (Like PSA) would probably be your best bet but you would have to relocate.

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Why do you want to work in the gun industry so badly?
View Quote

Because firearms and outdoors activities are what I’m passionate about, and I would like to work in an industry I am actually personally vested in. I already have to spend a majority of my time and energy at work, and it would be nice if it was doing something I was genuinely interested in.

Also I plan on starting my own business sometime in the near future, doing machine work/manufacturing of firearms and/or firearm parts/accessories. I figured getting some experience in the industry by working for an established company, would provide me with valuable insight and experience with the regulations and other intricacies of the industry. I see that often times, new firearm part manufacturing companies struggle or fail, due to all the little nuances that are unique to the firearms industry. If I could learn these skills and how to navigate these issues under an established company, and could shorten my learning curve and get my own company up to speed faster, that seems like a great way to learn on someone else’s dime, vs my own. I guess I am viewing it as a learning experience or boot camp into the type of issues I am going to face myself, once I am out on my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top