Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 10:32:29 AM EDT
I am in the early planning stage of a trip to Utah for my father and I in June for his 69th birthday and Father’s Day. We are flying into Salt Lake City on June 15th and flying from SLC back to KC on June 20th. So far the only thing officially planned is to be in Arches National Park on the 17th & 18th as I’ve already secured timed•entry passes.

I’ve looked at the threads already made in this section and have came up with a few ideas. Mainly just looking for things to do, places to go, and good places to eat. Once I get enough “stuff” to do I’ll come up with an actual travel plan.

Ogden
• Golden Spike National Historical Park
• J M Browning Museum
• Hill Aerospace Museum

Salt Lake City
• Big Cottonwood Canyon
• Natural History Museum of Utah

SLC is the only place I’ve spent anytime researching restaurants so far — places I’ve seen routinely recommended are Red Iguana, Moochies, Crown Burgers, and Pretty Bird.

Aside from the two days at Arches we are also looking to spend some time in Moab, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point State Park, and Capitol Reef. We have already been to Zion and Bryce Canyon a few years ago when we were in St George for an AK competition when it was still hosted by SUPS. Any insight to making this a memorable and fun trip is greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you'll be in Moab, which has a lot of excellent eateries.  Between Arches, and the other NP, and state parks you'll probably fill you're entire trip.  The drive from Moab-SLC is decent too, if you appreciate desert landscapes
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRShooter] [#2]
Arches and Canyonlands are worth the trip alone.  I really like Monument Valley.  It's probably another 3 hours or so south of Moab.  Plenty of places to eat in Moab.

If you do go to Monument Valley, there's a place in Mexican Hat that makes great steaks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2gV9I205A

I'd put the stuff in southern Utah above the items you listed around SLC/Ogden.

Arches really can be done in a day, same as Canyonlands.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Even for non LDS, Temple Square is worth seeing, I think.  A lot of $ went into creating that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I think there's a Toyota Land Cruiser museum up north?
View Quote

In Salt Lake City, and it doesn't suck.  https://landcruiserhm.com/
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top