Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 3:49:18 PM EDT
Just came across my email- Dept Fish and Wildlife is soliciting bids for a new range between Sadieville and Georgetown.  50 yard and 100 yard bays.  Nice looking facility for those in the area.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Just came across my email- Dept Fish and Wildlife is soliciting bids for a new range between Sadieville and Georgetown.  50 yard and 100 yard bays.  Nice looking facility for those in the area.

View Quote

Got that too and agree that it looks fantastic.  Amazing really.  

Hope it lasts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Guy over at Sling Point told me this about 4 years ago, Covid put a big delay on this. I'm sure it'll be tubes.

One of the best things State of KY did was buying up that property, keeping it from the developers. You live in Scott County you know who I'm talking about too.

Good deal.....

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I agree with you @ KDFW buying the place.  Yes this has been in the works for some time.

Tubes are not in the plans, using overhead baffles.  At least until "people" happen...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Guy over at Sling Point told me this about 4 years ago, Covid put a big delay on this. I'm sure it'll be tubes.

One of the best things State of KY did was buying up that property, keeping it from the developers. You live in Scott County you know who I'm talking about too.

Good deal.....

View Quote

That's good they are moving ahead with it.  The last I heard was Fish and Wildlife were hosting a community meeting to take comments on it.  That was sometime in 2020.  

It is a nice area but I wish they would extend the road a bit more and create additional pull offs.  The way it is currently setup there are very few places to legally pull off and that concentrates people either in the same area or forces them to walk the few trails that everyone else is walking.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!
Not too far from me, I might stop by once it's open and check it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top