Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2024 8:15:33 PM EDT
Virginia Gun Collectors' Associations show is this weekend. New venue is the Dale City VFW rather than the PW Fairgrounds. IMHO, these are the best local shows.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
How was the show? Lived in Mapledale  for 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:45:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#2]
I'd say the show was good. Evidently a lot of old members didn't follow procedures to get tables. A few bigger vendors like Trader Jerry's bowed out. I think it will improve with time.

I'm seeing more deals on classic J-frames as they become a less sought after carry choice.

I'll prob kick myself for passing on a Stainless Ruger service-six 3" with stag grips and a Tyler T-grip for less than $600.

I failed to reach an agreement on a classic EK knife that had micarta scales with, a later web sheath. Cool but, not $350 cool.

I walked out with a nice Price-Western BHP pancake style holster and an old school Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw this too late so will have to check out a future show. Is the VFW the new location going forward, or was it just this time?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Believe vfw is the new norm for venue going fwd
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
Believe vfw is the new norm for venue going fwd
View Quote

Correct,  this is the new place to be for the VGCA shows going forward

and thanks for your help Friday,

next show is  the middle of Oct,

word from the organizer is that the headcount was the same as the last show at PWFG,  which was  a bit of a cluster fuk (parking related)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top