Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 6:52:50 PM EDT
I’m always nervous carrying outside my home state because I’m not as familiar with the laws.  I’ve read through the information on US Law Shield, USCCA, State of Arkansas pages, etc. Frankly some of it seems a bit contradictory or confusing. So I have a few questions.

Carry on private property.  So I’m supposed to notify the owner I’m carrying concealed? Is that just for someone’s home or does that mean businesses too? Is there a particular sign that businesses must post if they want to bar license holders (or non license holders) from entering with their weapon? Can hotels bar guests from carrying?

Restaurant that also serves alcohol.  First, I don’t drink when I carry. My question is can I carry in a restaurant that also serves alcohol? I believe from what I read that I can. I believe that if a restaurant also has a bar area I can still legally carry as long as I stay out of the bar area. Is that correct? In TX there is a specific sign that must be posted for places that are off limits due to alcohol sales.

Government buildings.  I believe that carry government buildings (local, state, and federal) is prohibited. Correct? Does this include buildings in parks? I know federal parks ban carry in their buildings including restrooms (which is silly).  What about stand local?

Can I carry more than 1 pistol at the same time? I plan on taking my EDC (Kimber CDP  II Ultra) and my Ruger LCP (pocket carry for when I want something lighter and more concealable). Can’t find anything regarding if this is or isn’t allowed.

Knife laws in regards to assisted opening knives? I normally carry a Kershaw Blur with a 3.4” blade.  Opens with a flick of the thumb stud.  Haven’t found if it’s legal in Arkansas.

Apologies for the long post.  Appreciate any help you can give. If you are familiar with TX law regarding concealed carry and self defense, and see where I might get myself in trouble because I revert to TX law, please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhatsGnu] [#1]
No carry in any county office, or state office.
Oddly, that includes state park rangers offices and museums.
If you are stopped by law enforcement, you should notify them that you are carrying.

I think the knife carry laws have been amended.
You'd think the home of the Bowie knife and Arkansas Toothpick would be more receptive.

The oddest part of the laws is that intent is everything: carrying a weapon with no intent to commit a crime is legal.

ETA: Arkansas State Police has a handbook outlining responsibilities in carrying weapons as well as other info:
https://www.dps.arkansas.gov/law-enforcement/arkansas-state-police/services-programs/concealed-handgun-carry-licensing/
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Private property carry refers to private homes.

Knife carry laws are lax.  You should be OK with your knife.

A backup handgun is OK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top