Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2024 10:51:37 PM EDT
The son of @2JokersWild was diagnosed with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia this week and is at Seattle for care.

Send good wishes in this thread. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Damn-My-son-was-diagnosed-with-t-lymphoblastic-lymphoma-leukemia-Update-1-12/5-2698785/?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely appreciate any thoughts, prayers and good wishes. I'll tell ya...After our visit with the doctor on Wednesday I was really fearing the worst. My understanding of cancer is pretty limited, but anytime they add on that disclaimer "and its spread" its bad. Really bad. I was freaking the hell out to think it had spread to his brain.

After our visit at the cancer center in Seattle on Friday however I feel much more confident we can kick cancers ass. The Fred Hutch cancer center is something else, thats for sure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Fight fight fight is the only answer.

Fuck cancer
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Wishing your boy beats it. I've done three tours of the Big C Ranch. No version of cancer is fun. Hopefully, his youth and spirit will help him overcome it. Ask lots of questions, question every decision.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
A father should never see his son die first. I hope all turns out for the better. I know a few people who have beat cancer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
We went to University of Washington yesterday to kick off the Chemo roller coaster. Of course, not to keep it low key and easy going right out of the gate ends up he was having atrial fibrillation. Didnt have any symptoms, but I tell ya the nurses were moving with focus getting an IV in place and meds in the system to get that under control. It pushed out the start of chemo, looks like that ride leaves tomorrow.

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
My thoughts and prayers for your son. No child should have to endure this. I am in remission from Stage 4B Cancer myself. Just keep it positive and keep him as comfortable as possible. Kids are resilient and bounce back. I’m sure your son will come out of this stronger and even more resilient when he beats it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
As we keep him in our prayers,  please keep us in the loop as to how he's doing and how we can help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
As we keep him in our prayers,  please keep us in the loop as to how he's doing and how we can help.
View Quote
Appreciate that. Things are still pretty early on in the process but going well. Already seeing improvements from the latest blood test (which was a bit ago, actually sitting in Fred Hutch right now). Definitely feeling cautiously optimistic
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
My prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frank762:
My prayers to you and your family.
View Quote

+ 1.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:56:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope everything is going well..

I lost my mom a few weeks ago to cancer..

Fuck Cancer
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Praying for you and your son brother, cancer scares the hell out of me.

Don't forget to reach out if you need help.

Fuck Cancer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Lest I forget...I have met the Big C bastard a few times now, so, I can say with all the enthusiasm I have...Fuck Cancer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top