Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2024 8:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66]
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/court-to-consider-removing-trump-from-wa-presidential-primary-ballot/

This state is beyond messed up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Who cares in any of the states it happens in, unless rogue electorates are in play, he wouldn't carry those states anyway
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Who cares in any of the states it happens in, unless rogue electorates are in play, he wouldn't carry those states anyway
View Quote

we all should care.
It isn't just about Trump, it's about keeping Republicans from wanting to vote on any and all other issues/people running for office.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Dems are all about Democracy. So they try to take people off ballots.
The USA is a Democratic republic. Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank762] [#4]
View Quote

Because it is wrong.

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By slughunter1:
The USA is a Democratic republic. Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch.
View Quote

Not quite... a representative republic with democratic elections.

When democrats talk about "their democracy" that they feel is being threatened, they are really talking about their power apparatus that they have set up alongside our actual existing form of government, up to and including federal regulatory agencies that have abused their power to create law outside the purview of congress, entirely dependent on who is elected to office and who they appoint to these positions as heads of those regulatory bodies.

Democrats abuse the democratic electoral system as an end run around the legislative process and the very form of representative government itself. Which is why they frequently forget to mention that particular form of government that our country is actually based on. Someone might start asking why their representatives have so little power and unelected bureaucrats have so much.

Their ultimate goal, though they won't outright say it, is to see direct democracy implemented and representative government phased out.  Imagine a system like WA state initiatives on a federal level. "Oh we put it to a vote and 51% of the people voted to eliminate the 2nd amendment" - done, that's "democracy", tyranny of the simple majority.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Frank762:

Because it is wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Because it is wrong.

I agree.. it is wrong.
There are so many people who hate him other than what they are told. Ask them why he is so bad.. they spout off things they hear from the libs, which much is made up, rather than spout off the reason they dislike him.

For me if he runs and gets the Reps backing, then based on the choices I'd vote for him. Personally I think someone that doesn't have undeserved hatred should run since there might be more of a chance to get independent votes in the mix.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:

we all should care.
It isn't just about Trump, it's about keeping Republicans from wanting to vote on any and all other issues/people running for office.
View All Quotes

we all should care.

Does it really make a difference?

They can stuff ballot boxes as they please, as seen since 2004.

Even if there's a slip and a "republican" win, they are all sold out.  Controlled opposition.  So it does not make a difference.

In a banana-republic state in a banana-republic country this is just distraction for the circus.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This was just thrown out by a judge in Thurston County.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Even if there's a slip and a "republican" win, they are all sold out.  Controlled opposition.  So it does not make a difference.

In a banana-republic state in a banana-republic country this is just distraction for the circus.

View All Quotes

we all should care.

We need to start pushing back and making noise sometime. It matters. This is the time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
counties should remove Turd Ferguson from the ballot for allowing Chop/Chaz to exist.  

Surprised the Thurston county judge threw this out.  Not surprised that the "lady" on the left is behind the lawsuit.  

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/thurston-county-judge-rules-petition-181741215.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#11]
That's no lady....

Middle school teacher tries, fails to get Trump removed from ballot

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scottr:
That's no lady....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDco4_-5CQ
View Quote

Ugh, no that is not.

There was a time that ugly horn-rimmed glasses in a color and design that clashed with a woman’s face was a big red flag to me that she is a bat shit crazy progressive. Now, it’s certain scarves worn certain ways. Unless it’s an elegantly worn Burberry or Hermes like my wife, it makes be steer clear.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
That's no lady....

View Quote

My kid would definitely not be in her or his classroom to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, its more proof that we’re fucked in this state. Yes, I want to flee, but I’m holding out, until the state forces me to finally make a cold hard choice.

I find it so freaking retarded that liberals claim that they are protecting “our” democracy by restricting the will of the people to freely choose a leader or a leader that they approve of. This is the same shit Hitler and Stalin would pull.

If liberals think that their bullshit is actually “protecting” this state or the country, this is the only start of this crap. The United States Supreme Court needs to get hot on this issue and make it crystal fucking clear that the states or “selected” people within a state cannot pick and choose who may or may not participate in our elections.

I want to have faith in our elections, but liberals are making it hard for me to keep my faith in our system today, that’s why the US Supreme Court needs to settle this BS once and for all

I wasn’t happy with the outcome of the 2020 elections, but I didn’t riot, loot, rob, burn or murdered people cuz my candidate lost, even if I had questions on the overall fairness of that election. But, in the end, I accepted that fact that America elected AND certified a turnip as president, as directed by the United State Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By eac223:

We need to start pushing back and making noise sometime. It matters. This is the time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eac223:

we all should care.

Pushing back how and what kind of noise?

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:32:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#16]
Originally Posted By bergunx:
Well, its more proof that we’re fucked in this state. Yes, I want to flee, but I’m holding out, until the state forces me to finally make a cold hard choice.

I find it so freaking retarded that liberals claim that they are protecting “our” democracy by restricting the will of the people to freely choose a leader or a leader that they approve of. This is the same shit Hitler and Stalin would pull.

If liberals think that their bullshit is actually “protecting” this state or the country, this is the only start of this crap. The United States Supreme Court needs to get hot on this issue and make it crystal fucking clear that the states or “selected” people within a state cannot pick and choose who may or may not participate in our elections.

I want to have faith in our elections, but liberals are making it hard for me to keep my faith in our system today, that’s why the US Supreme Court needs to settle this BS once and for all

I wasn’t happy with the outcome of the 2020 elections, but I didn’t riot, loot, rob, burn or murdered people cuz my candidate lost, even if I had questions on the overall fairness of that election. But, in the end, I accepted that fact that America elected AND certified a turnip as president, as directed by the United State Constitution.
View Quote

The SC has no enforcement powers & the Marshal svc is worthless. They've been clear in prior rulings already, & can be even more clear in future cases, but it still won't matter if select politicians & public employees are not made examples of for crossing lines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By slughunter1:
View Quote

“Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Possibly ascribed to Franklin.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Who cares? You can't be that dense.

If we don't get to vote we don't have a free nation, not that it's really free anyhow, but it's still important.

Trump got a good percentage of votes in Washington and California, but people don't bother to look at the numbers I guess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#19]
That's no lady....

View Quote

If a guy ever wondered what Karen would look like in a general form, here it is boys, that's Karen, Fuck you Karen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Because it is wrong.

View All Quotes

Because it is wrong.

If we count all the wrongs in the state's "elections", we'll have a long list.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top