Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2024 9:54:51 PM EDT
[The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday denied to take up a petition filed by state Rep. Dan Caulkins, R-Decatur, that sought to overturn a ruling on a related case he’d brought before the Illinois Supreme Court.]

So what happens next?

Link from wttw.com:

https://news.wttw.com/2024/01/08/us-supreme-court-takes-pass-latest-challenge-illinois-assault-weapons-ban

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone thought that the judicial corruption aspect had much chance of getting picked up by the SCOTUS, it is good a giant light was shined on it though. I will never understand how anyone can pretend that it is ok for someone to rule on a case where a named defendant gave them a million dollars.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
So is that it? Was this what everyone was waiting for?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:
So is that it? Was this what everyone was waiting for?
View Quote

No this is not it. This was expected. Keep the faith there is more to come
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Obviously, we need "Court Police" but, the Supreme Court avoids this type of case like the plague.  This result was very much expected.  
The meat of the court cases has yet to even be heard.  It will be heard in Federal Court down state.  After it is heard, we expect to win and then the appeals will begin until we get before the Supreme Court.  My best guess is maybe a ruling this summer...there is no telling when it will happen.  We are hoping they will expedite but...that is only a hope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top