Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 11:24:39 PM EDT
Especially the DFW area.

We have some highest Cost-Per-Mile Toll Roads in the US!!!!

Some of these Toll Roads, like the TexExpress that runs east-west between Dallas and Fort Wort, just south of DFW airport, have what is called dynamic pricing....the more traffic the higher the cost to use the lane.  
Driving from Dallas to Fort worth on 183/114 can cost as much almost $50 ONE WAY.    Tolls can reach $24 for on particular 5 mile segment.  

Don't me mislead by the HOV pricing if you have the family in the car...these rates only apply to people that have pre-registered with the Troll Authority.

There are no toll booths on most of our toll roads. If  you do not have a Texas, Oklahoma,  or Kansas toll tag, the prices are about double what is posted on the signs, and the tolls will be sent my mail or charged to your rental credit card..

Welcome to TEXAS...Y'all have fun, be safe, and please leave all your money here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate the toll roads.

I had a rental car while my car was in the shop a few years ago and I got on the express lane to avoid a stopped section of 35W due to an accident.  

Cost me $35 for a few miles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#2]
Originally Posted By NAK:
these rates only apply to people that have pre-registered with the Troll Authority.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Pay with money or pay with time, good to have a choice
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Gas went up 45 cents overnight in DFW with the anticipation of higher demand. Total BS.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
well that and the actual fuel markets across the us went up after the fed stopped pouring the military reserve into the general pipeline...
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:
I hate the toll roads.

I had a rental car while my car was in the shop a few years ago and I got on the express lane to avoid a stopped section of 35W due to an accident.  

Cost me $35 for a few miles.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By refidnasb:
Gas went up 45 cents overnight in DFW with the anticipation of higher demand. Total BS.
View Quote

You may not believe in supply and demand, but supply and demand believes in you!
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top