Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 1:20:46 PM EDT
Hello
Driving through on 4/5 on our way to Pensacola. Planning on staying overnight in the West Memphis/Jasper area staying close to the interstate. Anyone recommend a safe motel/hotel to stay overnight close to this area?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Jasper Arkansas is nowhere near West Memphis or the Interstate!
Between W. Memphis and Little Rock things are pretty sparse.
Jackson Tennessee maybe what you were trying to type... and it is a nice enough place.
Personally, Memphis/West Memphis tends to be too shooty for my tastes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
From Jasper AR to West Memphis AR is a 4hr plus drive. Maybe there is a Jasper, TN, I don't know. I push through Memphis and stop in Southaven, MS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I try not to even slow down while near Memphis
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDMnAR] [#4]
Marion, AR is a decent stop just N of West Memphis on I-55 - no way I would willingly spend the night in West Memphis.  There is a Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn and Best Western Plus at the Hwy 64 exit off of I-55.  There is a lot more in Southaven, MS though - quiet a few more food places, etc.

ETA:  Jasper may be where the KOA is where I have stayed - just a few exits N of Marion off I-55.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the OP may be referring to Jasper, Tn over near Chattanooga.  Make more sense that way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDMnAR] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1MoreFord:
I think the OP may be referring to Jasper, Tn over near Chattanooga.  Make more sense that way.
View Quote

Possibly, but Jasper, AR is closer to West Memphis and likely on the way from IA to Pensacola.  The Chattanooga area is pretty far out of the way to drive to FL unless that is a planned stop on the trip.

@JesB

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JDMnAR:

Possibly, but Jasper, AR is closer to West Memphis and likely on the way from IA to Pensacola.  The Chattanooga area is pretty far out of the way to drive to FL unless that is a planned stop on the trip.

@JesB

https://i.imgur.com/Pg0Y8lB.png
View Quote

Yes. This is the planned route as far as I know right now. Recommended motel/hotel or pass on this area?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Marion, AR is a decent stop just N of West Memphis on I-55 - no way I would willingly spend the night in West Memphis.  There is a Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn and Best Western Plus at the Hwy 64 exit off of I-55.  There is a lot more in Southaven, MS though - quiet a few more food places, etc.

ETA:  Jasper may be where the KOA is where I have stayed - just a few exits N of Marion off I-55.
View Quote

Would Jasper be better than West Memphis?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JesB:

View Quote

Technically the hotels are probably in Marion, AR - not sure there is much in Jasper.  I have stayed in Marion several times for events in Memphis and never felt uneasy staying there.  There are three decent hotels in the same area - Best Western Plus Executive Residency Marion, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Memphis Marion, AR and Hampton Inn Marion.  They all have easy access on/off I-55, plenty of parking, a few places to eat (nothing super upscale or anything - I have heard the Shake Shack is good but haven't tried it  https://shakemarion.com/ ) and not much else to do.  If you want to drive further before you stop, don't stop in West Memphis.  There are safe places in Memphis that I have stayed in and some I avoid - but I never spend the night in W. Memphis.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The actual town of Jasper, AR is not the same as you have shown on the picture.

That may just be an old community that retained the name.  That happens sometimes.

Jasper, AR is about 50 miles south of Branson, MO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stevec223:
The actual town of Jasper, AR is not the same as you have shown on the picture.

That may just be an old community that retained the name.  That happens sometimes.

Jasper, AR is about 50 miles south of Branson, MO.
View Quote

Yes, and there are two Evening Shades in Arkansas - one in Hempstead County and one in Sharp County.  It doesn't make sense, but there are no rules on names - just ZIP codes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Please do not stop anywhere near West Memphis AR or Memphis, TN push on by.

I would stay in Southaven or even farther away.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Jasper, Arkansas is a quaint little town in the mountains.
No big name hotels though. Just some local things.
Harrison, Marshall, Clinton and Conway are better bets if you're traveling US65.
If not. Could you clue us more to your itinerary?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top