Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2024 9:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: totalabuse]
Fuck the DEP from the comfort of your own home and sign this petition.  Thank you.

Title edit, sober now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit.

FDEP and FPM

Closing the roads only stops people who obey rules, and leads to previously undisturbed areas getting torn up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
We've beaten them before, share link with everyone who would care. Almost 1k hits since I signed
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never been there but after reading the petition I'll be taking a ride out there to check it out and oh yeah, I hit the petition as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
I've never been there but after reading the petition I'll be taking a ride out there to check it out and oh yeah, I hit the petition as well.
View Quote

Watch out for Ranger RDick.  Park Police are now all state troopers with a chip on their shoulder that like drawing their guns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: totalabuse] [#5]
This is my back yard, literally.  We had an arf/njhtf cruise through there guess about 18 years ago.
@JoelK
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:

Watch out for Ranger RDick.  Park Police are now all state troopers with a chip on their shoulder that like drawing their guns.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. What sux is we can't carry there under the current unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By totalabuse:
This is my back yard, literally.  We had an arf/njhtf cruise through there guess about 18 years ago.
@JoelK
View Quote
Sorry to have missed it but if there's ever another njhtf meet sign me up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It was a pretty good turn out, I had to arrive late and leave early but there was no way we was gonna miss something going on down the road.
Wastegate's fake jeep cruiser still had the new car smell we he let my wife drive it up mount Jemima
Joel put together a htf hike a few years back, there were 5 of us.  This included my wife and son who was 4 at the time.

Anyhoo, yeah park police can be wrapped tight, don't speed on the roads/trails.  Gave them a new title and radar and boom! They got a pedo (creepy looking fuck) before anything serious happened a couple years ago.  Like anything else take the good with the bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
That was a good time totalabuse!

I will never forget Wastegate getting his new TRD FJ cruiser and taking it out for Piney pinstripes the first weekend he had it(that and me drilling the 4 inch hole in his fender for the snorkel).

Having hosted off road groups and hikes, it is way easier to get people to come out off roading.

Demeroma, if you want to get some guys together just post a thread with some tentative dates and you will probably get interest.  The guys here are good for helping each other out, with only some mild inter brand harassment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#10]
JoelK, that's a good idea. I don't know if my Hyundai is up for off roading but a hike wouldn't be out of the question. I'll make a post in the near future about an NJHTF meetup and see what kind of interest there might be.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Hit, and in for the meetup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know where Ray has been? Last time I saw a post of his has to be 7 years ago.  I drive by Buckeye every blue moon but it’s impossible to see what’s going on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Done
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
So far over 1k more signatures than the last time we did this
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By totalabuse:
Does anyone know where Ray has been? Last time I saw a post of his has to be 7 years ago.  I drive by Buckeye every blue moon but it's impossible to see what's going on.
View Quote
I lost touch with Ray back then too.  Hope all is well with him and his family.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: totalabuse] [#16]
We had a couple back-and-forth text conversations in the fall of 15. My son being born, his son bagging his first deer and it was sometime after that he posted here about his home being damaged from a fire.I believe it was mostly smoke damage and that’s the last I heard.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
"Hi there,
John Druding here, President of Open Trails NJ.  Wow!  Our petition to protect your recreation in Wharton State Forest now has  6,177 signatures!  So far, based on this petition, 9 municipalities have passed resolutions against the DEP's planned road closures. This is because of you!

We are now entering the last week of the comment period on the new plan and we need your help with one more thing.

This week we are launching our "Governor Blitz" campaign.  We need every single one of you to contact Governor Phil Murphy and send him our petition.

As usual, we make it easy!  You can generate a pre-formated text message in 1 click!!  The text message will take 10 seconds to send and the email will take 20 seconds.  Please invest 30 seconds of your time to protect your access.  Go to our page below for specific instructions:

https://www.opentrailsnj.org/contact-the-governor

Send one text message and one email now!

Let's get thousands of messages to the Governor's office today!

Thanks again for signing,

John Druding
Open Trails NJ President"

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]
You beat me to it!  

https://www.opentrailsnj.org/contact-the-governor

Made it hot for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top