Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2023 6:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: berlinsoldaten]
I keep hearing about Accessories, and ammo being registered.  I only have 3 guns that need to be registered, but I`m not sure about my 10/22. I never did get to buy any high cap mags for it that was something I kept putting off.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
I keep hearing about Accessories, and ammo being registered.  I only have 3 guns that need to be registered, but I`m not sure about my 10/22. I never did get to buy any high cap mags for it that was something I kept putting off.
View Quote

What’s registration ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish to keep my guns and not go to prison so I`m going to register.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

You won’t keep them long, they will get confiscated
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like somebody who is intelligent to come on here and give me the right information, and not the usual group of liars and trolls.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like somebody who is intelligent to come on here and give me the right information, and not the usual group of liars and trolls.
View Quote

Here is some intelligent information : you are potentially incriminating yourself and going along with an unconstitutional law. The worst thing you can do is register. Look into other legal options or don’t.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I just supplied you with a list of things that make your 10/22 an Assault Weapon or not. I'm not lying - I'm not trolling. What exactly do you need to know?

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dumak] [#8]
View Quote

Pistols with threaded barrels.

Virtually every semi-auto rifle needs to be registered. If they have detachable mag, pistol grip, flash hider, removeable stock they need to be registered.  Stocks, grips, flash hiders, foregrips need to be registered.

Most semi-auto shotguns need registered.

Mags don't need registered.

Only .50cal ammo needs registered.

The ISP website has a guide and flow chart.

https://isp.illinois.gov/StaticFiles/docs/Home/AssaultWeapons/PICA%20Identification%20Guide.pdf
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

I just supplied you with a list of things that make your 10/22 an Assault Weapon or not. I'm not lying - I'm not trolling. What exactly do you need to know?

VooDoo
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank You, Dumak!

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
This is in the pdf on the ISP website:

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe the law is unconstitutional, but without being able to talk to a lawyer I chose to register. The only ammo that needs to be disclosed is .50 BMG. I felt I made the right decision at the time. It was quick it was painless. I registered my UZI, AR-15 (bought in 1977), and my AK. For some reason they wouldn`t except my MAC-11.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to thank those who offered useful information. However with the information here pistols with threaded barrels need to be registered, my MAC-11 has a threaded barrel, but they wont except it based on manufacturer
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I want to thank those who offered useful information. However with the information here pistols with threaded barrels need to be registered, my MAC-11 has a threaded barrel, but they wont except it based on manufacturer
View Quote

Who is the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Man, i try to stay out of these info seeking posts, and really, the Illinois hometown forum in general. But, i have to say, there are some savage, disrespectful, unhelpful people, in this group. Gun owners need to stick together, not bicker and call each other names, and judge others' decisions. It's great to share information in your opinion, on why you choose to do what you choose to do, when new laws are enacted, but keep in mind, everyone is in a different situation and some have more or less to lose, so just try to be respectful, and helpful.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#16]
One simple choice is to store out of state.  You aren't transferring ownership...just storing it with someone you trust or check around and find a storage place to park your stuff till this crap gets worked out in the courts.  You can pre-register them and bring them back later if you so choose.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:45:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Not an expert.   I was shocked how calculated they were in the list

I registered by antique 20 round fixed box mag for an SKS.    Sks is not banned, unless it has higher capacity.  

I felt that box mag was the only thing I owned that met that definition.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Not an expert either but the ISP PICA Identification Guide says the SKS with a 10 round fixed magazine is OK but any larger mag means to firearm must be register.

https://isp.illinois.gov/StaticFiles/docs/Home/AssaultWeapons/PICA%20Identification%20Guide.pdf

See page 7. There is no provision in PICA to register magazines.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

You don’t deserve to have guns with that mindset.  You have been successfully fear mongered and are a sheep.  You are clueless on what even needs registered.  Just cut up your foid card and turn your guns into the state like a good llittle yes man sheep.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

Here is some intelligent information : you are potentially incriminating yourself and going along with an unconstitutional law. The worst thing you can do is register. Look into other legal options or don’t.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

Correct
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top