Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2024 1:46:27 PM EDT
I'll be taking my ccw soon, and was wondering what type of ammo do you guys use in your ccw? I was advised that hollow points are a no go? Only ftx, or critical defense is allowed? I planned on using whatever my local pd or state police office uses. Any info. on this would be greatly apricated.

Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Your local PD or local state Police Barracks uses hollow points which you are not allowed to use.

So it's FTX or Critical Defense or ball ammo for the serfs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
TheTallest is correct.

I carry with Critical Defense ammo but have hollow points at home in my other pistols.

Here's what is on the NJSP FAQ page:

https://www.nj.gov/njsp/firearms/firearms-faqs.shtml
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Critical Defense.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Critical duty.

9mm 135gr +p
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonderful, thanks folks..
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If I had my njltc I'd be carrying Critical Duty because that's what I bought a lot of when I lived in nj and was considering going for my ltc. But since moving to PA I carry Gold Dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top