Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2023 7:53:23 PM EDT
Unloaded?  Is the Amish Assault rifle (Remington 7600 pump) still legal?

What guns are still Non-Restricted?  Heard the Garand is still OK, SKSs must be pinned to 5 rnds?  What about one of those AR-180s y'all build that takes 10 rnd AR mags, or are all semis Restricted?

Are Restricted guns allowed to be carried about, or must always be cased, locked in truck, etc?

If I was theoretically driving north to go see @FluffyTheCat , what sorts of 18"+ barrel long guns might I carry in the vehicle?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Have corresponded w/ this fellow.  Looks to be 1st in a series on your latest screwing:

Bill C-21: New Laws Around Magazines and Firearm Parts -- A Lawyer Explains
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Striker:

any that are non restricted..which is pretty much any bolt action, semi I'd check to make sure but the woodsman is good to go.
sks was on their hit list garands are still good to go as long as the mag is limited to 5 rounds.
non restricted can be transported unloaded in your car and not in plain view. IE soft gun case on floor in backseat, trunk,etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Striker:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Unloaded?  Is the Amish Assault rifle (Remington 7600 pump) still legal?

What guns are still Non-Restricted?  Heard the Garand is still OK, SKSs must be pinned to 5 rnds?  What about one of those AR-180s y'all build that takes 10 rnd AR mags, or are all semis Restricted?

Are Restricted guns allowed to be carried about, or must always be cased, locked in truck, etc?

If I was theoretically driving north to go see @FluffyTheCat , what sorts of 18"+ barrel long guns might I carry in the vehicle?

any that are non restricted..which is pretty much any bolt action, semi I'd check to make sure but the woodsman is good to go.
sks was on their hit list garands are still good to go as long as the mag is limited to 5 rounds.
non restricted can be transported unloaded in your car and not in plain view. IE soft gun case on floor in backseat, trunk,etc.

Hunting limited to 5 rounds in mag, do Garands have to have a permanently installed 5 rnd limiter in them or just carry 5 rounds in a hunting clip while hunting?  Ie, are loaded 8 round clips still GTG?

Mini-14 limited to 5 round mag, I guess, & stripper clips?  https://rcmp.ca/en/firearms/what-you-need-know-about-government-canadas-may-1-2020-prohibition-certain-firearms-and

Didn't y'all have 10 round AR pistol mags that you could use in your AR-180s & other stuff, or did that go away?

Lee Enfields & Ishapore 2A1s have 10-12 round mags, bolt action, do they have to be pinned to 5 - ETA, answered my own question:  https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/maximum-permitted-magazine-capacity
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top