Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2023 9:40:34 PM EDT
So I’m looking at houses in North Charlotte and y’all don’t have basements.

Where do you stash your ammo and bulk items?
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You could build a house and put a basement in.  When i go past southern pines i saw a new build with a basement so you can get it done...

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Some homes have basements ( i looked for land just to have one) but most older homes here were build on the flattest lot that folks could find.

Most folks here have either garages or out buildings. Out buildings are nice- wives tend not to walk outside to nag you, lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My neighborhood is full of basements. My house included.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Basements here too. I'm not in North Charlotte, but North of Charlotte.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My neighbors all fill their garage with crap and just park outside.
I don't trust my guns to unconditioned space so I have a spare bedroom that has a closet dedicated to gun stuff storage. I put an exterior type doorknob lock on the door so I can control access to the room like keeping the house cleaner and pet sitter out of there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mj1angier:
Some homes have basements ( i looked for land just to have one) but most older homes here were build on the flattest lot that folks could find.

Most folks here have either garages or out buildings. Out buildings are nice- wives tend not to walk outside to nag you, lol
View Quote

HAHA.

I have a utility room off the side of my laundry room that I claimed as soon as we bought our house.  Its my reloading/gun room.  Love it. Way better than a basement, shed, or garage.  But i used to keep everything in the garage and had nothing but rust issues on things.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:47:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kudzunc] [#7]
Propping up the furniture, and raising the TV up to eye level from floor. Who needs a tv stand/cabinet when you got ammo crates....

Some homes have basements, some have crawl spaces that have been made into basements and the rest just use room  inside as the humidity can be nasty down here. Add in salt air if near the coast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
On the coast basements are pretty rare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top