Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2023 5:44:58 PM EDT
I hear it's going to be wierd and not like a normal primary election this time around. Anyone know anything more?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Your county's Republican Central Committee will be the ones organizing the caucus vote.

Caucus is on March 2, 2024

More info here
https://www.idahorepublicancaucus.com/
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is some info on the Caucus..

1. Why should Idaho have a Republican Presidential Caucus?

This past legislative session, legislation was introduced intending to move Idaho’s presidential primary from March to May.

The bill that was introduced, and the legislature passed, and the governor signed, failed to move our presidential primary to May, instead removing the presidential primary completely, leaving Idaho Republican voters with no ability to vote for their preference in the 2024 Presidential contest.

Idaho’s social and economic interests deserve national focus. Keeping the Idaho GOP’s Presidential nomination process in March will incentivize national candidates to campaign in Idaho, learn and debate issues important to Idaho, and appeal directly to the voters of Idaho.

To advance the interests of our state, including our industries, job creators, and employers, the Idaho GOP must remain in the front of the presidential nominating process. Which is why on June 24, 2023 at the Republican State Central Committee summer meeting, the Idaho Republican State Central Committee voted overwhelmingly to institute a Presidential Nominating Caucus for 2024 to fill the gap where no presidential primary exists anymore.

2.  How does the Caucus work?

The first Saturday in March, the day of Idaho’s Republican Presidential Caucus, every county in the state will hold a County Caucus. The counties will invite Republican candidates and voters to attend and participate. Voting will be conducted by secret ballot. Delegates for the Republican National Convention will be awarded proportionately according to the outcome of the statewide votes in the Idaho Republican Presidential Caucus with the provision that any candidate who receives more than 50% of the statewide vote total will be awarded all the Idaho delegates for the Republican National Convention.

The Idaho Republican Presidential Nomination Caucus will result in 32 pledged delegates to the Republican National Convention, allocated according to the County Caucus voting—possibly with all delegates pledged to one Presidential candidate. (As usual, if a second ballot is required at the national convention, those delegates are released from their pledge.)

3.  Who votes in the Caucus?

All registered electors that have affiliated Republicans in the county on record as of January 1 of a Presidential election year, as well as any voters who turn 18 between January 1 and the date of the Presidential Caucus and who sign an affidavit declaring that they have registered to vote and affiliate with the Republican Party within that period and are therefore eligible to vote in Idaho elections shall be eligible to participate.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this like a normal paper ballot poll where we go sometime after the 12pm MST on saturday, vote on a paper ballot, then leave? Or should I assume I'll be there for a while? I'm trying to schedule my weekend.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CFletch:
Is this like a normal paper ballot poll where we go sometime after the 12pm MST on saturday, vote on a paper ballot, then leave? Or should I assume I'll be there for a while? I'm trying to schedule my weekend.
View Quote

The plan is to move people through fast. You get one stamp on your hand when you show ID and identify which precinct you're from. Once you get your paper ballot, and vote, you get another stamp covered over your first stamp. This is supposed to go fast - to get people through. There will be 6 candidates on the ballot - even the ones who dropped out of the race already.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

The plan is to move people through fast. You get one stamp on your hand when you show ID and identify which precinct you're from. Once you get your paper ballot, and vote, you get another stamp covered over your first stamp. This is supposed to go fast - to get people through. There will be 6 candidates on the ballot - even the ones who dropped out of the race already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome, that doesn't sound bad at all. I'll block out an hour or so for it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes

Please pass on to your friends and neighbors to go and vote Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you both, good info...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump for caucus day. Check Spacejunk's link above for info on where your district/precinct is holding it...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Tons of people here, looooong lines

But it's moving pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Tons of people here, looooong lines

But it's moving pretty quickly.
View Quote

I just got back from mine. Small town voting here.
We got hand stamped, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and listened while they did some vote certifying stuff (like assuring before an audience that the vote containers were empty).
Got to listen to a video of the two candidates, which no one did- everyone got up to vote while Trump's video played. went outside, got in the car and went home. Everyone knew who they wanted to vote for.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in and out in 3 minutes. There were probably 90% empty spaces on the sign in sheet  for my precinct.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

We got hand stamped, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and listened while they did some vote certifying stuff (like assuring before an audience that the vote containers were empty).
Got to listen to a video of the two candidates, which no one did- everyone got up to vote while Trump's video played. went outside, got in the car and went home. Everyone knew who they wanted to vote for.

View Quote

No opening prayer?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped by the Parma Senior center.

Final tally was 254 votes total....233 were for Trump.  OR...... about 90% of the votes for Trump.

Epic blow out.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#14]
In/out rather quick. Waited a couple hours after it opened to head down...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a fun time. I have been at our caucus since 8am setting up, and we finally finished and cleaned up around 6:30.

Thank you to all who voted and participated.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:57:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankSymptoms] [#16]
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:

No opening prayer?
View All Quotes

No opening prayer?

In fact there was. My bad.

ETA Just a personal note: I've said the Pledge of Allegiance thousands of times, starting in kindergarden. It's never affected me the way it did today!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
It's never affected me the way it did today!
View Quote

I got some of that today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's what the enlightened had to say about it.

https://x.com/tinymartin77/status/1764012194059202920?s=20
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
lol, yeah that'll only work for people who didn't actually go. Everyone I've talked to said their places were packed. I'm guessing that picture came at the end after most people had already voted.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I was the only person in there voting when I was in there. There were plenty of volunteers/workers/security but not much else. Maybe I missed the crowd.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Dude seems like a dick....

https://twitter.com/nickmartin
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Your county's Republican Central Committee will be the ones organizing the caucus vote.

Caucus is on March 2, 2024

More info here
https://www.idahorepublicancaucus.com/
View Quote

Total turnout for the caucus was just under 40,000..

It was on a Saturday, and took three minutes. There was literally no reason not to vote.

The GOP in Idaho really needs to step up its game regarding voter turnout.

Trump received 84.89% of the vote.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#24]
lol, yeah that'll only work for people who didn't actually go. Everyone I've talked to said their places were packed. I'm guessing that picture came at the end after most people had already voted.
View All Quotes

My polling place was a similar gymnasium. There were bleachers on both sides. It wasn't packed, but it WAS well-attended...  And very orderly! And courteous: my wife and I use canes and we were invited to take line cuts (which we didn't accept).
No cookies.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bourbonator:

Total turnout for the caucus was just under 40,000..

It was on a Saturday, and took three minutes. There was literally no reason not to vote.

The GOP in Idaho really needs to step up its game regarding voter turnout.

Trump received 84.89% of the vote.
View Quote

If there was ANY doubt of the outcome , it would have been better. Caucus is stupid though,which is a BIG reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top