Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2024 1:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C10]
Forgive me. I usually think I'm up on things but this is new.

Driving home today, I saw a group of signs all in one area that said:

"Vote No - Stop the Radical Recall!"

What is this? Radical Left? Radical Right? Who's being recalled?

Being personally shit on repeatedly by the Oregon and local .gov I am out for blood, so I am interested.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:17:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DashDot] [#1]
Don’t know your route home but:

https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/02/15/king-city-recall-election-results-extremely-close-leaning-toward-recall-of-sitting-city-councilors/

The preliminary results in a heated battle over the proposed recall of the mayor and three members of the King City City Council show recall proponents with a slight edge over those opposing the recall.

As of 4 pm today, the votes looked like this:

King City recall results.
At issue in the election: whether to recall Mayor Jaimie Fender and City Councilors Kate Mohr, Laurie Petrie, and Smart Ocholi. Those officials voted to approve an expansion of the urban growth boundary in King City, which is located just south of Tigard on Highway 99W

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C10] [#2]
That could very well be it, thanks.

And... Fuck Washington County. I don't blame anyone for opposing the urban growth boundary, Wash. Co. has become extremely hostile to us, like they're actually trying to out-stupid Multnomah Co.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top