Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 1:27:33 AM EDT
Once again this weekend, a bunch of smooth-brains got together to clog city streets while mewling about Gaza.  My question is this: What the actual fuck are they hoping to accomplish by protesting an Israeli war in Seattle, Washington?  

Nobody within 2500 miles has the power to do anything about anything in the Middle East.  Even WA Reps and Senators can't do anything besides write a strongly worded email, or go on some bullshit "fact finding" trip. Is this just some sort of mutual masturbation, or an Antifa dating exercise? I truly don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
usually turns people against them or what ever they are pushing
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The protesters are full of energy, free time (no job?), and get spun up by whatever news source is influencing them.  No, it really doesn't change anything.  They are full of emotion, but lack critical thinking skills.

I would love to ask some of them about why they give a damn about the Palestinians.  

There are a few points worth making:

Why does the rest of the Arab world dislike them or only exploit them for their own interests?

Why support a people who hate the United States and our ally, Israel?

Why support a people who have failed over the last 60 years to make something of themselves as far as economic or a functioning society?

Why do the Palestinian people always cause huge problems when host countries take them in?

Why support a people who have a terrorist government that attacks a superior military power that also is necessary for their trade, utilities, and so on?

It seems to me that the Palestinians are only good at complaining and not achieving anything in their territory that could be considered successful.  They have tons of kids, live in poverty, waste all aid given to them, and then launch terrorist attacks against Israel.  I have little sympathy for them as a people.  Not only do they contribute nothing to the world, they cause endless problems.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:44:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MMcCall] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DouglasQuaid:
It seems to me that the Palestinians are only good at complaining and not achieving anything in their territory that could be considered successful.  They have tons of kids, live in poverty, waste all aid given to them, and then launch terrorist attacks against Israel.  I have little sympathy for them as a people.  Not only do they contribute nothing to the world, they cause endless problems.  
View Quote

Certainly, but at the end of the day I think these protestors are all just worthless anarchists, latching onto the cause du jour.  Even the most intellectually dishonest among them has to realize that these actions are not just ineffectual, but make their fellow citizens despise them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Certainly, but at the end of the day I think these protestors are all just worthless anarchists, latching onto the cause du jour.  Even the most intellectually dishonest among them has to realize that these actions are not just ineffectual, but make their fellow citizens despise them.
View Quote

Some will grow older and wise up, some won't change at all.  I have an aunt like that who runs on emotion and parrots all the nonsense from MSNBC like it is gospel.  I just roll my eyes when I hear it.  

I can't help but think that after a while, they'll realize that they change nothing except making people hate them.  Blocking streets and highways isn't likely to make someone sympathetic to your cause.  Some may even be arrested or face lawsuits.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The protesters are full of energy, free time (no job?), and get spun up by whatever news source is influencing them.  No, it really doesn't change anything.  They are full of emotion, but lack critical thinking skills.

I would love to ask some of them about why they give a damn about the Palestinians.  

There are a few points worth making:

Why does the rest of the Arab world dislike them or only exploit them for their own interests?

Why support a people who hate the United States and our ally, Israel?

Why support a people who have failed over the last 60 years to make something of themselves as far as economic or a functioning society?

Why do the Palestinian people always cause huge problems when host countries take them in?

Why support a people who have a terrorist government that attacks a superior military power that also is necessary for their trade, utilities, and so on?

View Quote

Your top paragraph is pretty damn accurate. “Rebels without a cause” combined with “rebels without a clue”. The commie brain must always be fighting for some kind of “perceived” injustice. It gives them an endorphin rush because they think they are doing something and they get off on what they think is power. Then some truck driver plows through them. They’ve played chicken with the cops in Seattle so many times that they think they are invincible. Note though. They don’t generally try bullshit like this in other parts of the state that are moderate to deep conservative as they will get their asses handed to them. They are also only generally brazen when they are in a group. Single a few out at a time and they scurry like rats.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
the point is to go out and be assholes without consequence. These fuckheads get off on being dickheads and upsetting people.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank762] [#8]
The people championing the palestinians now will find a new cause to rally around in a month or so.

The fact that the palestinians would kill them if they ever ended up in Gaza is an entertaining irony to it all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top