Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2024 6:05:09 PM EDT
Visiting some family in Duvall in two weeks for three days. Not tons to do in Duvall with my family , and I really don’t want to go into Seattle itself if I can help it.  

What are some cool things to do around Seattle and are not in sketchy areas?

It’s me, my Wife and our three kids(ages 8, 6, and 2)

Indoor ideas are probably a better idea since it’s likely to rain.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:32:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#1]
Woodinville is fairly close and as far as I know, not too sketchy overall, but someone might be along to correct me. It has some wineries and restaurants. You can probably look up things to do around there. Don’t know about kid stuff around there.

You could also go south from Duvall to Carnation, and Fall City, where Snoqualmie Falls is, and drive east up Snoqualmie Valley, to North Bend. You’ll be well away from Seattle up there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#2]
Definitely check out the Reptile Zoo, it’s right off Hwy 2 in Monroe, so right next to Duvall.

https://www.thereptilezoo.org
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#3]
Ferry ride out of Edmonds or Mulkilteo.

If the weather is cooperative, the loop up to Burlington, out towards Anacortes, down through Deception Pass, stop at Ft Casey, then take the ferry from Clinton back to Mukilteo can be pretty outstanding.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:43:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#4]
Park in Edmonds and catch the ferry to Kingston.  The ferry ride is nice (and inexpensive) rain or shine, and will keep the kids entertained walking around on the top deck.

Once you arrive in Kingston, walk up to Sourdough Willies for the best pizza in Washington.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
Definitely check out the Reptile Zoo, it’s right off Hwy 2 in Monroe, so right next to Duvall.

https://www.thereptilezoo.org
View Quote

My kids got a kick out of the albino alligator last year.

Petting the giant tortoises made their day.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PACorps] [#6]
Bellevue is still a very nice city on the Eastside, not sure how much that will shift in the future as Light Rail takes hold.

But OP, your future is in a couple weeks, so you should be good . Lots of restaurants at all price points. Bellevue Square is a very nice mall for browsing of you’re into that kind of thing. Always lively. Lucky Strike might also be the ticket given your kiddos’ ages and your preference for something indoors. An awesome arcade with all kinds of cool games, and tends to not feel ‘sketch’ at all. I’d skip the bowling alley part as it seems pretty expensive for what it is.

https://www.luckystrikeent.com/location/lucky-strike-bellevue
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:

Once you arrive in Kingston, walk up to Sourdough Willies for the best pizza in Washington.
View Quote

Sourdough Willie’s is always my last stop before crossing back over to Edmonds
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
Park in Edmonds and catch the ferry to Kingston.  The ferry ride is nice (and inexpensive) rain or shine, and will keep the kids entertained walking around on the top deck.

View Quote

Never even heard of it before. Will have to try
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
If the weather cooperates, take the kids to the rope course
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Duvall is close to Snoqualmie falls, if there is lots of rain it is very impressive.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TigerForce:
Woodinville is fairly close and as far as I know, not too sketchy overall, but someone might be along to correct me. It has some wineries and restaurants. You can probably look up things to do around there. Don’t know about kid stuff around there.

You could also go south from Duvall to Carnation, and Fall City, where Snoqualmie Falls is, and drive east up  Snoqualmie Valley, to North Bend. You’ll be well away from Seattle up there.
View Quote

Woodinville actually has over 100 wineries, breweries and distilleries.  I just went on a tour at Woodinville Whiskey Co and was able to bottle straight from the cask.

Snoqualmie Falls is epic.  If you are a Twin Peaks fan, you can get a slice of cherry pie in North Bend.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 2:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#12]
Originally Posted By Poppaduc:

Woodinville actually has over 100 wineries, breweries and distilleries.  I just went on a tour at Woodinville Whiskey Co and was able to bottle straight from the cask.

Snoqualmie Falls is epic.  If you are a Twin Peaks fan, you can get a slice of cherry pie in North Bend.

https://i.imgur.com/XraIUsm.jpeg

View Quote

The Snoqualmie Falls train ride is a very cool way to spend a few hours, and you get some awesome views of the falls from the tracks which run along a practically vertical straight drop down a rocky cliff.

The train museum is pretty neat though you only get about 30min to check it out before the train leaves again.

Once you are on the train they have a few different passenger cars from various eras of passenger train service and you can walk between them freely.

The kids will love it
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys.  Lots of good ideas here.  Train ride sounds pretty awesome if we drive over that way.  

We might go home through Leavenworth and spend a day/night there, if the weather is decent
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi there! I know that you say that you would like to avoid coming in to Seattle, but a trip to the Pike Place Market is always worth it. The views of the Puget Sound, the smell of salt air and food wafting through the air, and flying salmon are magical. The Market is for the most part covered, so it is easy to stay out of the rain. Your kids will love exploring the various levels/floors of Pike Place.

You can combine the Market with a trip to the Boeing Field Museum of Flight, which is about 10 minutes south depending on traffic if you take 99.

And don't worry. Seattle in general and downtown aren't as sketchy as a lot of people say.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything! I'm in South Seattle.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Pilarindia:
Hi there! I know that you say that you would like to avoid coming in to Seattle, but a trip to the Pike Place Market is always worth it.The views of the Puget Sound, the smell of salt air and food wafting through the air, and flying salmon are magical. The Market is for the most part covered, so it is easy to stay out of the rain. Your kids will love exploring the various levels/floors of Pike Place.

You can combine the Market with a trip to the Boeing Field Museum of Flight, which is about 10 minutes south depending on traffic if you take 99.

And don't worry. Seattle in general and downtown aren't as sketchy as a lot of people say.

View Quote

I’m not saying to not go into Seattle, but there are definitely more smells than salt air and food wafting around the market.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

I’m not saying to not go into Seattle, but there are definitely more smells than salt air and food wafting around the market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Originally Posted By Pilarindia:
Hi there! I know that you say that you would like to avoid coming in to Seattle, but a trip to the Pike Place Market is always worth it.The views of the Puget Sound, the smell of salt air and food wafting through the air, and flying salmon are magical. The Market is for the most part covered, so it is easy to stay out of the rain. Your kids will love exploring the various levels/floors of Pike Place.

Well I'll say it, "Don't go to Seattle".

Every dollar you spend there goes to enrich the ideology you say you don't support, like homelessness, open-air drug use, street crime, etc.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
The Museum of Flight is very cool.  Also, up in Everett you can tour the Boeing plant and visit the FLYING HERITAGE
& COMBAT ARMOR MUSEUM.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#19]
If the weather is nice to to deception pass and make a day trip driving south though the island then take the ferry back

Lots of parks and towns to see along the way

Beat by boomer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top