Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 12:01:10 AM EDT
According to this article, Montana doesn’t break the top 25 states.

I’ll allow it.

https://www.kron4.com/news/where-people-in-california-are-moving-to-most-2/amp/
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Works for me.

I do think the wave has crested.

Our CA neighbors that bought for way too much, and literally are never there apparently had buyers remorse and were looking to offload the place.  They couldn’t get their money back out of it, so now are doing a bunch of remodeling.  

Encouraging that the market has sagged down, at least somewhat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:37:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KnightSchneider:
Works for me.

Our CA neighbors that bought for way too much, and literally are never there apparently had buyers remorse and were looking to offload the place.  They couldn’t get their money back out of it, so now are doing a bunch of remodeling.  

View Quote

I hope so but apparently the realtors are still smoking the overpriced crack. I have 2.5 acres up in Neihart with a creek running through it with power and city water available if I ever decide to develop, septic is a whole different story,it appraised for 40K this year.
The neighbor just listed his 2 bdrm cabin with no toilet/shower facilities, just an outhouse for 357k. I would call it distressed and dated, it was built in the 50's, it's sitting on one acre.
It has no water or septic and getting septic approved here is unlikely given the location of the creek.
It needs a roof and total remodel inside in addition to water and septic. From what I understand the county is pushing incinerator toilets instead of septic they start at 40k and go up from there.

There are two properties in town that don't have the land but have full water/septic and beautifully updated interiors listed for less....
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Works for me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Works for me.

That would be awesome. Some dickhead is trying to develop the land that adjoins our property to the southeast. $10k an acre for unirrigatable dry land. He says he's "going to bring in utilities". Which I guess means electric and phone. There's no gas or water there. The furthest lots from the hardball road can enjoy a two mile drive down a private dirt road in the winter.

Here's hoping I can pick up 60-90 acres from him for way less than he wants.

Our CA neighbors that bought for way too much, and literally are never there apparently had buyers remorse and were looking to offload the place.  They couldn't get their money back out of it, so now are doing a bunch of remodeling.  

That warms the cockles of my black heart.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The 20 acres that borders mine is for sale. For over 4.25 times what we paid for ours 5 years ago. I would love to buy it but not at that price. I saw people over there checking it out today. I really hope it doesn't sell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pardt:
The 20 acres that borders mine is for sale. For over 4.25 times what we paid for ours 5 years ago. I would love to buy it but not at that price. I saw people over there checking it out today. I really hope it doesn't sell.
View Quote

That's a tough situational dependent call. I pray that if/when the 20 acres directly behind us comes up for sale we can swing it. Damn the price. I think we'd obviously try to offer them maybe 3/4 of what they want right out the gate, but it would be well worth it for us at whatever the going rate is.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:

That's a tough situational dependent call. I pray that if/when the 20 acres directly behind us comes up for sale we can swing it. Damn the price. I think we'd obviously try to offer them maybe 3/4 of what they want right out the gate, but it would be well worth it for us at whatever the going rate is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:
Originally Posted By Pardt:

Good luck with that,realtors are telling sellers it's a hot market right now and that they can get premium prices for their properties. We were going to offer the neighbor 100K over the appraised value but the realtor convinced him he could get almost three times the appraised value.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

Good luck with that,realtors are telling sellers it's a hot market right now and that they can get premium prices for their properties. We were going to offer the neighbor 100K over the appraised value but the realtor convinced him he could get almost three times the appraised value.
View Quote

I don’t think this property will be for sale any time soon. And the owner would like to see it remain in a more natural state ( looking at a conservation easement or something along those lines). To get back to this property he would need to make an almost mile long easement through his other few hundred acres parcels. Power would have to be brought in that way as well. It would cost someone else big bucks to build back there. So the hope is they’ll want some quick easy cash one of these days and it’ll make sense for all parties to make this deal.

Pretty decent older guy. New to the area and not knowing me from Adam, I went and knocked on his door to make sure I wouldn’t start a feud if I limbed up his trees that were right on the property line. A couple of them are pretty massive. He told me to go ahead and take them completely down if I want. “That would even clean up your view some.” He says.
“You sure?”
“Absolutely.”
So like I said, I’m hopeful.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 that live closeish to me that are from Kalifornia.   They are as conservative as can be!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]
If we could just bump our way up on the list of states Californians are leaving
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I had a couple that were coworkers, he was from California she was from down south. They left and went to Utah. So we are minus one California person and his spouse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top