Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 2:07:23 PM EDT
My 10 y/o has gotten into trap shooting this year  anyone seen a Browning BT99 micro local? I've called every place I could think of in SE corner.

I can drive to Omaha and get one but that's 10h round trip if I can find one closer that'd be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Iowaredneck:
My 10 y/o has gotten into trap shooting this year  anyone seen a Browning BT99 micro local? I've called every place I could think of in SE corner.

I can drive to Omaha and get one but that's 10h round trip if I can find one closer that'd be great.

Thanks
View Quote

Maybe try hart bros in Mason city. Kemlin seems to get his hands on about everything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 34ID11B:
Gunbroker?
View Quote

Yeah ther is plenty on there but I want him to be able to try it on for size he's only 10 idk if a micro or micro medallion would be best probably a micro with the adjustable stock/comb
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
They aren't micros, but Matt Ross in Charles City has two BT99s, $1400 and $1500.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
@Iowaredneck

Don't know if you're still looking for a BT99 Micro but Hart Bros in Mason City supposedly has one on the shelf according to their online store. Their inventory has been accurate the other times I've compared it to what's actually in the store.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iowaredneck] [#6]
Originally Posted By gunner76:
@Iowaredneck

Don't know if you're still looking for a BT99 Micro but Hart Bros in Mason City supposedly has one on the shelf according to their online store. Their inventory has been accurate the other times I've compared it to what's actually in the store.
View Quote

Thank you but that's probably just about as far as Omaha for me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Thank you bit that's probably just about as far as Omaha for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@Iowaredneck

Thank you bit that's probably just about as far as Omaha for me.

I was gonna say I'd be willing to take a look at it, keep forgetting the drive time for you.

I need to stop in there anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I should read out hometown threads more often, I was just in there last Wednesday. I could have checked it out for you
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FS2000GUY:
I should read out hometown threads more often, I was just in there last Wednesday. I could have checked it out for you
View Quote

Iwas in there today. Several nicr BT99S but I didnt notice a Micro. Could have missed it though, there was a cluster of people in the area of that rack.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks
View Quote

Clay shooting is kind of my bag, baby. I know the BT's are popular (I owned one for a good while) but if your son is shooting SCTP, or has plans to, an autoloader with a shell catcher will save you some investment down the road. And something gas operated like an A400 will help tame the recoil for his smaller frame. It will also allow allow him to shoot skeet, sporting, etc. if he decides to go that route (most do... it's more fun). and will be required to compete at the collegiate level and most HS teams around here shoot sporting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iowaredneck] [#11]
Originally Posted By SamW:

Clay shooting is kind of my bag, baby. I know the BT's are popular (I owned one for a good while) but if your son is shooting SCTP, or has plans to, an autoloader with a shell catcher will save you some investment down the road. And something gas operated like an A400 will help tame the recoil for his smaller frame. It will also allow allow him to shoot skeet, sporting, etc. if he decides to go that route (most do... it's more fun). and will be required to compete at the collegiate level and most HS teams around here shoot sporting.
View Quote

I thought about that but him being a 10 y/o lefty cuts down on what's available drastically its a possibility though
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:50:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunner76] [#12]

I thought about that but him being a 10 y/o lefty cuts down on what's available drastically its a possibility though
View Quote

Beretta makes the A400 Xplor in LH but the stock might be a little long for a kid unless they are bigger. Not sure about cutting the stock down on that particular modern since they have that type of laminate covering on the wood.

They are a light gun and soft shooting. I had one for a year and foolishly sold it to stick with just benelli
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hart Bros did have a left hand 11-87 for a decent price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Beretta makes the A400 Xplor in LH but the stock might be a little long for a kid unless they are bigger. Not sure about cutting the stock down on that particular modern since they have that type of laminate covering on the wood.

They are a light gun and soft shooting. I had one for a year and foolishly sold it to stick with just benelli
View Quote

I do like benelli I had a m1s90 with multiple barrels, stocks, and chokes wish I still had it but it wasn't a lefty
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#15]
11-87 would be a pass for me. They're not designed to be clay guns. 1100 would be fine, but an A400 or even an A300 sporting would be a better choice these days. There's 0 issue with cutting down A400 wood stocks with the laser enhanced grain, so long as you avoid the kickoff models that can make it a bit awkward.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#16]
11-87 would be a pass for me. They're not designed to be clay guns. 1100 would be fine, but an A400 or even an A300 sporting would be a better choice these days. There's 0 issue with cutting down A400 wood stocks with the laser enhanced grain, so long as you avoid the kickoff models that can make it a bit awkward.
View Quote

I've owned multiple 1187s 1100s and 2 1100 LT20 every one eventually started messing up/jamming a couple even made trips back to remington for repairs
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top