Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 2:57:27 PM EDT
Looking at a trip through Pennsylvania with two stops and have a few questions

Downtown Pittsburgh, Carnegie science center. Get there in the morning, do the center and go to the hotel locally. Headed east next morning.

Downtown Philadelphia, Franklin institute museum. Get there in the morning, do the museum, then go to hotel locally. Headed to DC next morning.

Hotel locations in which suburbs? Drive to those two museums and park? Or better to Uber in and out back to hotel?

Thanks for the local help!

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hilton Penns Landing
201 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Stayed there a few years back. Has a parking garage, and walking distance of a lot in Old City.

Can't really give you any ideas for Pittsburgh. Only been there once and hotel was based around a work location.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pav56C:
Hilton Penns Landing
201 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Stayed there a few years back. Has a parking garage, and walking distance of a lot in Old City.

Can't really give you any ideas for Pittsburgh. Only been there once and hotel was based around a work location.
View Quote

This may be the best idea. Consider a hotel in the city with parking garage. Anywhere you are likely to go in center city, old city, or waterfront, will still be decent in the evening.

Once you get south of Philly it's not better. PHL airport and Essington hotels is not great because you'll get jet noise and hotel drama. South of that is wasteland
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're taking the turnpike to get to Pgh, then stay in either Harmarville or Monroville.  Those are two exits off the turnpike and are the closest to Pgh.  I don't uber so I don't know if the cost of uber out ways the cost of driving to the science center
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shindawia6:
If you're taking the turnpike to get to Pgh, then stay in either Harmarville or Monroville.  Those are two exits off the turnpike and are the closest to Pgh.  I don't uber so I don't know if the cost of uber out ways the cost of driving to the science center
View Quote

Perfect. Thank you

I'm not real concerned with Uber cost, is vacation, I try to relax and enjoy. I prefer staying in the burbs, then getting to sightsee on the commute when I'm not driving.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Give me dates.

IM OK.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Penns View Hotel in Philly is pretty cool.  It's a 'smaller' boutique hotel but really neat and it's in old city close to the major landmarks.  I don't recall if they have a parking garage but I believe so. I've stayed there a few times even though I live just outside of town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top