Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2023 4:03:26 PM EDT
Who are you using for transfers in Huntsville?  How much do they charge?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In for replies.
My last two dealers both are no longer in business. The only transfer I’ve done in the past 6 years that wasn’t with them was Larry’s for a Remington employee purchase transfer when I worked there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
A few buddies swear by Mr big guns.  I’ve always used Larry’s.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Larrys does fine if you like paying more money for the same service.  Most guys I know use Mr Big Guns or Lt Dans over off Shield rd.

I have no personal experience with any of them, just what I’ve heard.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fatguy7814:
Larrys does fine if you like paying more money for the same service.
View Quote

Larrys used to charge $50 because they didn’t want to do transfers.  Around 5-7 years ago they saw the light and lowered their price to $20 or $25(don’t recall offhand).  

Never seen anybody charge under $20.  

I think mr big guns will do multiple guns on one form for a single transfer fee.  Unsure if Larry’s does that.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

Larrys used to charge $50 because they didn’t want to do transfers.  Around 5-7 years ago they saw the light and lowered their price to $20 or $25(don’t recall offhand).  

I think mr big guns will do multiple guns on one form for a single transfer fee.  Unsure if Larry’s does that.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Glad to hear they finally got reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Larrys used to charge $50 because they didn't want to do transfers.  Around 5-7 years ago they saw the light and lowered their price to $20 or $25(don't recall offhand).  

I think mr big guns will do multiple guns on one form for a single transfer fee.  Unsure if Larry's does that.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Larrys used to charge $50 because they didn't want to do transfers.  Around 5-7 years ago they saw the light and lowered their price to $20 or $25(don't recall offhand).  

I think mr big guns will do multiple guns on one form for a single transfer fee.  Unsure if Larry's does that.  
Athens Guns (RIP) used to charge $0 way back when.  The downside was that he was in NW Athens, a good bit of distance from my then-home of Madison.  He's been out of business for years now.  

I use The Bullseye, up on Ardmore Ridge Road north of Ardmore TN now.  He's a Class III dealer and charges $30 for the first transfer and $20 thereafter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Larrys does fine if you like paying more money for the same service.  Most guys I know use Mr Big Guns or Lt Dans over off Shield rd.

I have no personal experience with any of them, just what I've heard.
View Quote

Just the other day, I drove past a gun store, and thought, "Hey, I didn't know there was a gun store there."  

It was Lt Dan's.  Will have to check it out.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used Larry's and Mike's in Hartselle many times. Really would like t find someone else. Use to use Craigs in Athens. He waved the FFL fee if you bought same amount in store purchases. Wish I had a place that would let several on one transfer instead of charging for each one.

What's everyone in NW doing for 100yd shooting while Swan Creek is closed?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Lt Dans is out of business and he dropped his FFL and is building bird houses, lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
GOLD GUNS AND GUITARS IN MADISON is my go to, never had a problem
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By chainsman:
GOLD GUNS AND GUITARS IN MADISON is my go to, never had a problem
View Quote
I just used them recently; it was $20 and no hassles.  I'd keep using them unless someone cheaper pops up, but I like being able to just walk in during business hrs rather than making an appointment, so saving $5-10 might not even be worth it to me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I just used Midway Pistol and Ammo, on Hwy 72 in Gurley.  $25.  

He mentioned that he bought Lt. Dan's inventory when Lt. Dan gave up his FFL and closed his store.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#13]
Originally Posted By Kerry201pro:
I've used Larry's and Mike's in Hartselle many times. Really would like t find someone else. Use to use Craigs in Athens. He waved the FFL fee if you bought same amount in store purchases. Wish I had a place that would let several on one transfer instead of charging for each one.

What's everyone in NW doing for 100yd shooting while Swan Creek is closed?
View Quote
Hurricane Creek, 15 miles south of Wren just west of Hwy 33.

Skyline Range, about 1-2 miles west of Skyline just north of Hwy 146 (100-200 yard range).

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Gold Guns & Guitards on 72 across from Academy is $20 and they accept from individuals. That said, they've literally never called me a single time to come get my gun. And one time, they actually put my Glock 19 in their display case to sell. Fee for members is $25 at Last Resort. Non members is $45, so skip it otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jellybean18:
Gold Guns & Guitards on 72 across from Academy is $20 and they accept from individuals. That said, they've literally never called me a single time to come get my gun. And one time, they actually put my Glock 19 in their display case to sell. Fee for members is $25 at Last Resort. Non members is $45, so skip it otherwise.
View Quote
Skip it period.  Owner is a anti-gun rights POS.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mosin762] [#16]
Who do you all like in Athens?

Always used Athens Guns and Craig's in the past, but as someone else said they're no longer in business.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mosin762:
Who do you all like in Athens?

Always used Athens Guns and Craig's in the past, but as someone else said they're no longer in business.
View Quote

I was looking to use Winter Timber (FFL shows up at Guns n More on some of the FFL lookups) for an order I was making. Last time I did a transfer was when Malcom/Silent Industries was still open, so I’ve gotta find a new place. I’ve been going more and more towards Athens instead of going into Madison/Huntsville anymore, so they seemed like a place to try.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Bud's Guns has a very useful FFL locator tool.  Just enter your zip code and look at active FFL's in your area.  It will give you their address, phone number and how much they charge for transfers.  Easy-peasey.  PSA has a similiar tool but does not give price for transfers.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ffl.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top