Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2024 9:47:08 AM EDT
finally got some decent snow in Verdi  yesterday, went out once to get some  gas and groceries after gym,  its fun to watch all the shenanigans on the road, you can certainly tell who just moved here recently. CA lady in a prius at the stop light, tires spinning  endlessly but she isnt going anywhere. if SHTF for realsies,  these snowstorms   clearly show who is a dipshit  or not lol.
drive safe fellow NV nevadans.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
Coming home to Pioche the other day 2 semis got stuck coming up the Caliente Pass. I guess they tried to beat the storm but didn't quite make it. It was a pretty big mess up there as they were in the middle of the highway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15404/1000004203-3085264.jpg
View Quote

holy crap! roads werent super bad yesterday AM, its the other people I worry about. safe travels!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#3]
The lows we had the last two nights seemed unusually cold (I'm from here, so it's not like I'm accustomed to a warmer winter) -- maybe I just hadn't noticed in past years or maybe I'm paying closer attention to the weather now.

I have to admit that I kind of enjoyed the snow we had last year and kind of wished we got a little more snow from this storm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
The lows we had the last two nights seemed unusually cold (I'm from here, so it's not like I'm accustomed to a warmer winter) -- maybe I just hadn't noticed in past years or maybe I'm paying closer attention to the weather now.

I have to admit that I kind of enjoyed the snow we had last year and kind of wished we got a little more snow from this storm.
View Quote

same. I live in verdi, we got a nice dusting it was so damn quiet for once. ever since I got out of the DOD and came home to reno there is way more ambient noise and its annoying. WED  gonna be snow, at least thats what they claim for this week, we shall seee! FYI any of you guys ever bought seafood from sierra golds in sparks?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 47hooker:

FYI any of you guys ever bought seafood from sierra golds in sparks?
View Quote

No, but it's supposed to be excellent.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MikeSearson:

No, but it's supposed to be excellent.
View Quote

oh yeah! went and got some scallops, seared them on the cast iron with butta , garlic, and rosemary. another storm pushing through, super windy in verdi this am.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]

oh yeah! went and got some scallops, seared them on the cast iron with butta , garlic, and rosemary. another storm pushing through, super windy in verdi this am.
View Quote

How were the fish prices? (I used to love shellfish, but I developed a mild allergy in my mid-20's and haven't risked it since.)
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]

How were the fish prices? (I used to love shellfish, but I developed a mild allergy in my mid-20's and haven't risked it since.)
View Quote

i thought a tiny bit higher? I usually buy meat from butcher boy or blue ribbon they are pretty good. I try and avoid costco and walmart at all costs. we got some decent snow in verdi FYI its super nice. just got my first cup down and got the driveway done. its frigggggin cold this am too. wish the snow would stay around for a few days. I miss that epic 2009? ish storm where we got hammered for a week straight . people had atvs, snowmobiles goingup and down mccarran , to scholaris holy shit that was fun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]

i thought a tiny bit higher? I usually buy meat from butcher boy or blue ribbon they are pretty good. I try and avoid costco and walmart at all costs. we got some decent snow in verdi FYI its super nice. just got my first cup down and got the driveway done. its frigggggin cold this am too. wish the snow would stay around for a few days. I miss that epic 2009? ish storm where we got hammered for a week straight . people had atvs, snowmobiles goingup and down mccarran , to scholaris holy shit that was fun.
View Quote

I bought some frozen salmon from Walmart once-- won't be doing that again-- haha. Fresh fish seems (understandably) a bit pricy compared to other meats to me no matter where you shop here, so a little high is okay for a special occasion.

We got some snow too and it's nice-- I wish it would stick around a bit longer too, but c'est la vie.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]

I bought some frozen salmon from Walmart once-- won't be doing that again-- haha. Fresh fish seems (understandably) a bit pricy compared to other meats to me no matter where you shop here, so a little high is okay for a special occasion.

We got some snow too and it's nice-- I wish it would stick around a bit longer too, but c'est la vie.
View Quote

I do not mind paying for seafood, its too bad that WA state turned into another cA 3.0 state, i would have gladly retired there after the dod,  especiallyeastern wa.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Haha I think that was 03 dude. At night it wasnt even dark the sky was so white.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:

Haha I think that was 03 dude. At night it wasnt even dark the sky was so white.
View Quote

epic. getting hammered in verdi. glad i got extra groceries n shit. no need to go out and deal with the ca idiots with pizza cutter tires.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Getting a boatload here as well. It's starting to feel like last January again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Getting a boatload here as well. It's starting to feel like last January again.
View Quote

it was good overall about a footish, of fresh  powder, yesterday late afternoon like 1500ish the snow  became super heavy and very wet. should be fun driving the girl to work today
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 47hooker] [#15]
here comes another shitstorm! I just got back  from MT. man i love that place. I thought nevadans hate californians, shit montanans HATE people from CA. drive safe if you have to go  out amongst the wackos on the road
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#16]
For being a California transplant you sure do talk a lot of shit about California transplants messing up Nevada.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:
For being a California transplant you sure do talk a lot of shit about California transplants messing up Nevada.
View Quote

sure do! ive been here since 2007/08 ish, not 2020, 2023, 2024 and so on.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to all that have their heads screwed on straight. Too many of the other CA peeps have really shit on Nevada.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#19]

sure do! ive been here since 2007/08 ish, not 2020, 2023, 2024 and so on.
View Quote

You’re still a transplant. People who moved here in 2002 think you’re just as bad as folks who moved here in 1990.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]

You’re still a transplant. People who moved here in 2002 think you’re just as bad as folks who moved here in 1990.
View Quote

I'm actually from here. People can't choose where they're born, but they can choose (to some extent) where they live.

I just wish more people would pick to move places that they like the way they are rather than try to change the character of a place. Sometimes change can be good like better local medical care and some of the new stores, but I also feel like my area is losing some of its ranching community/horse country charm and the housing prices are unbelievably high.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

doubt it. I did not bring riff raff here, didnt bring liberal,demorat ideologies here, didnt being wokeness here, and the list goes on.....  im sure there are others that move here from CA that are decent Christian type conservatives, however there are ALOT of shitbags that have come here with their baggage and helped caused the destruction of this state.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top