Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2023 12:30:43 PM EDT
greetings all.  about to head to the range and not recalling the details: I have a separate locked container for ammo which I place in the trunk.  Can I place a loaded (detachable) magazine in that container, or must any magazine be unloaded, even if it is locked separate from its firearm ?  There's the clause in the DE hunting etc. regs that loaded rifles/shotguns may not be in, on or leaned against a vehicle, nor may "their" chamber or magazine be loaded.  Is a loaded detachable magazine in any location around a vehicle, during transport, no matter how separate or locked, a violation of this clause ?

I realize you're not a lawyer (unless you are...) I won't hold you responsible for your statements, etc.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge/understanding.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, since Delaware is a bunch of cowards just unload the mag and keep your firearm in the trunk (Unloaded) with the ammo up front with you with no mags loaded!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshElvey:
Honestly, since Delaware is a bunch of cowards just unload the mag and keep your firearm in the trunk (Unloaded) with the ammo up front with you with no mags loaded!
View Quote

I'll leave the first part lying there, can't figure what your purpose is with it.  As for the rest, it doesn't seem like a plan since the ammo is supposed to be in a separate locked container.  Or ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top