Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 7:47:18 PM EDT
my family and i will be traveling from idaho to see mount rushmore. would you guys recommend any other attractions to see in south dakota or even montana? good places to eat cool gun shops? thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Iron Mountain Road
Needle's Highway
Custer State Park Wildlife Loop
Alpine Inn in Hill City
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Southern Hills Tactical the closest to a good gunstore we have, its rough
Attraction wise; bear country is nice if you have kids in tow, air and space museum in rapid good and pactola reservoir is beautiful this time of year.
Alpine Inn pretty good but they are slipping lately which is sad to see.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:08:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: b_saan] [#3]
Don't pay the injuns to drive into Crazy Horse, it's a filty, trash strewn tourist trap. If you have to see it to check a box for some reason, you can see everything you need to see from the road.

Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, Custer State Park drive, Hot Springs and the Mammoth Site are all good stops.  Deadwood/Lead if you get up to the north side and/or rent some UTV/ATVs depending on the amount of time you're planning on being there and do a day ride through the massive trail system in the Hills.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
awesome thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get a chance go to the bad lands it is awesome and make sure to stop at wall drug in wall. Deadwood is cool if your in to tourist towns and gambling. If you only do one other thing than Rushmore I would really recommend the bad lands.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Iron Mountain Road
Needle's Highway
Custer State Park Wildlife Loop
Alpine Inn in Hill City
View Quote
Bingo! Devil's Tower in WY is fairly close.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FOX_OSCAR_hook:
Bingo! Devil's Tower in WY is fairly close.
View Quote

Get there early...  it's amazing how busy it gets, even during a normal weekday.
Top Top