Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 5:22:46 PM EDT
My better half was dropping of a return to be shipped to a vendor on the industry forum on arfcom.  She took it to the UPS Store on 82 next to Lowes.   When the guy at the counter saw the ship-to address he told her UPS would not ship anything to a gun dealer.  He didn't ask what was in it, just said they wouldn't ship ANYTHING to that business.  Wow.  I always heard Pack-n-Mail type stores could be a problem, but I've never heard of a UPS store refusing to ship to a business because of the name of the business.  

I used the name that the business provided in their RMA email.  I guess I should have abbreviated it but I assumed in Texas that wouldn't be an issue.

Is US Mail the best option now?  

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#1]
Originally Posted By Bitmap:
.....  When the guy at the counter saw the ship-to address he told her UPS would not ship anything to a gun dealer.
View Quote

First....is it a firearm? If so, he's correct.
If not a firearm, the counter clerk was inventing his own rules. No UPS Store or UPS policy prohibits shipment of "non prohibited" item to a particular address. UPS for over a decade has prohibited UPS Stores from accepting firearm shipments. In September 2022, UPS changed their firearm shipping policy and no longer accepts firearm shipment except from FFL's enrolled in their firearm shipping program.

He didn't ask what was in it, just said they wouldn't ship ANYTHING to that business.  Wow.  I always heard Pack-n-Mail type stores could be a problem, but I've never heard of a UPS store refusing to ship to a business because of the name of the business.
View Quote

It's not UPS policy, its HIS policy.

I used the name that the business provided in their RMA email.  I guess I should have abbreviated it but I assumed in Texas that wouldn't be an issue.
View Quote

I ship guns every week. I never include any reference on the label to something that screams "gun inside".

Is US Mail the best option now?  
View Quote

If a rifle or shotgun, yes.
If a handgun, frame, lower, or any other concealable firearm then only a licensed dealer or manufacturer can mail it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
He didn't ask what was in it, just said they wouldn't ship ANYTHING to that business.
View Quote

and no, it was not a firearm.  I just put the address on the package as the vendor sent it to me.  Stupid me to think that would be ok.  I've shipped items to a number of firearm related business using pre-printed return labels they provided and nobody every said anything.  

I agree this was a guy with an agenda making up stuff.  US Mail it is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Pirateship.com is about all I use USPS and UPS.

Measure and weight the box (assuming it isn’t in a USPS flat rate box), pay postage, print and tape it to the box…drop it off.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Pirateship.com is about all I use USPS and UPS.

Measure and weight the box (assuming it isn’t in a USPS flat rate box), pay postage, print and tape it to the box…drop it off.
View Quote

Unless a vender a providing a label, this is what I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top