Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 1:29:11 PM EDT
I’m looking for recommendations for a non nylon//polyester over quilt. I hate the way seems to develop and hold moisture against my body in humid environments.

I’m not looking for tier one but size and weight will be a consideration this will be used for backpack/hammock camping.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think there is much beyond a wool blanket.

A poly fleece blanket would breath better, so maybe one of those?

Years ago I found a wool comforter- basically a puffy wool filling with a cotton cover. I just don't think that would be good outdoors due to the cotton
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dedreckon:
Don't think there is much beyond a wool blanket.

A poly fleece blanket would breath better, so maybe one of those?

Years ago I found a wool comforter- basically a puffy wool filling with a cotton cover. I just don't think that would be good outdoors due to the cotton
View Quote

I ended up finding something that’s suppose to be similar to what you described. It should be here in a couple of days. I’ll be interested to see how it checks out compared to the description.

It’s from Amazon, so I’m not insanely optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Show us what you got when you get it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I’m interested too. For years I used a sleeping bag liner just because I hated the feel of the slippery poly whatever
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top