Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 8:31:09 PM EDT
These are new jerry cans, bought and filled 2 years ago.  I added stabil  to them. They are green painted from Deutchoptik.  I noticed a reddish film inside on top of the green paint,  which seems fully intact.  It wiped off when I rubbed it with my fingers.  I've been using this gas in my car with 0 issues.  Does anyone know what this residue is?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ColtRifle] [#1]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
These are new jerry cans, bought and filled 2 years ago.  I added stabil  to them. They are green painted from Deutchoptik.  I noticed a reddish film inside on top of the green paint,  which seems fully intact.  It wiped off when I rubbed it with my fingers.  I've been using this gas in my car with 0 issues.  Does anyone know what this residue is?
View Quote

https://wavianusa.com/customer-service-fuel-cans.html

Why is my fuel can red on the inside?

Don't worry! As mentioned above, the fuel cans are lined with a special anti-rust coating which is bright red in color. It will wipe off to the touch and it is water soluble but it will not come off in your fuel. It is important not to put water into your Wavian fuel can, because water will deteriorate that coating.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome,  thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top