Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2023 2:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AL25]
I'm wanting to hunt antelope in Wyoming and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a hunt area. I've studied the area map on the website, but it looks like most areas with a lot of public access land require 8 to 12 points for a non-resident tag.  I have been to Wyoming several times, but never hunted, so any suggestions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A Wyoming arfcommer recommended Area 9 when I was looking into it a couple years back. Not a lot of big antelope, but good numbers and easier to draw a tag. Still haven't gone, can't get a second person to commit to the trip and don't want to hunt unfamiliar territory alone.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the same boat, I have a couple of guys who've been talking about going, but will not commit. If I can't get a plan together I may just applying to start getting preference points so I can get an area with a lot of public land. I phesant with my brother in laws every year in South Dakota and the guy that owns all of the tracks has sveral tracks in the Red Desert area which looks very good. They told me to ask him, but I'm already hunting birds on him and hate to keep asking favors. We plan on hiking Teton this summer so I may just drop down and hike some of the public lands in WY to get a better idea of what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AL25:
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the same boat, I have a couple of guys who've been talking about going, but will not commit. If I can't get a plan together I may just applying to start getting preference points so I can get an area with a lot of public land. I phesant with my brother in laws every year in South Dakota and the guy that owns all of the tracks has sveral tracks in the Red Desert area which looks very good. They told me to ask him, but I'm already hunting birds on him and hate to keep asking favors. We plan on hiking Teton this summer so I may just drop down and hike some of the public lands in WY to get a better idea of what I'm doing.
View Quote

you will need points regardless. Most zones will require at least 2 right now. covid really made a mess of the available tags
Top Top