Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
Took my first bear yesterday, and I have no real idea what he weighed.

Anyone with experience have a guess on size or age?

The boy is about 70lbs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations. Very nice. You carried him. What do you think he weighs?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DaltonGuy:
Congratulations. Very nice. You carried him. What do you think he weighs?
View Quote

Thanks.

I dressed him out before I drug him, but I was guessing about 200.  I also had a pretty solid adrenaline dump, so I was feeling quite strong…

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Once you check it in and send a tooth in I believe they will let you know the age..Congrats.

To report a bear, a hunter must have a customer account through GoOutdoorsVA to ensure you receive the materials you will need to submit a premolar bear tooth. It is free and easy to set up your account at GoOutdoorsVirginia.com. If you have any problems, please call 804-367-1000.
You will need an official envelope to record basic information and secure a tooth from your bear. The Department will mail the envelope to the address associated with your GoOutdoors customer account. If you do not receive this mailing within 2 weeks after reporting the bear, please call (804) 367-1000.
For instructions on removing and submitting the premolar tooth, please see this page.
A pre-paid mailing label will be generated when you report the bear. The label will be sent as an attachment to the email address on your GoOutdoors account; if no email is provided, you can obtain the mailing label online from your GoOutdoors account (go to "Harvest History" and "Detail"). Please affix this label to the shipping envelope that is mailed to you.
You do not have to use the pre-paid mailing label but please use the tooth envelopes mailed to you. You can mail the envelope with premolar tooth to the following address: Bear Tooth Submission, P.O Box 28840, Henrico, VA 23228-8840.
To comply with the law, the premolar and accompanying information must be mailed or delivered to the Department no later than 14 days after the close of the bear season in January.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
183-187 pounds
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JimPope:
Took my first bear yesterday, and I have no real idea what he weighed.

Anyone with experience have a guess on size or age?

The boy is about 70lbs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312001/DF5F982B-17E5-45D4-9622-AC39EF21ECD5_jpe-2620597.JPG

View Quote

Nice!  Have you eaten any of it yet?  

I’m gearing up for a week off next September on my friend’s 70 acres.  I hunted pretty hard this year but nothing came out during business hours.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You no longer check bears in.  You weigh them and send in a tooth as described above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top